Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I am wondering how you have sorted your apps?

My pages are named the following

Contacts (using launch point)
    Main (phone, calendar, sms, clock, etc...)
    Games
    Web Pages (adding bookmarks with custom images)
    Multimedia (music, videos, camera, streaming apps etc...)
    Utilities (converters, translators, maps everything I have not sorted lol)
    Productivity (pdf view, doc view, calculators)
    System (update, preware, app catalog, jstop etc...)

I am asking for two reasons one I want to know what others are doing and two I have a good few apps that i just have not been able to sort into my current categories.

Thanks!
    I am not using the named pages feature, but I have grouped apps on different pages in a similar manner. If you need a page name for those hard to categorize apps, you can't go wrong with "Misc". Or "Favorites" might be appropriate.
    No particular order. I figure having to hunt for what I am looking for will remind me of what is there. I just add a page so I can see all the icons without paging down. It's quicker for me to assign quick dials than to use launch point.
    Wait what do you mean by named pages feature?? You can have a "folder"-like directory on your launcher to further organize the apps? HOW?!
    there's a patch for that lol. That should be palms slogan.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    Wait what do you mean by named pages feature?? You can have a "folder"-like directory on your launcher to further organize the apps? HOW?!
    In Preware under patches find "enable add/delete pages" and "named pages in the launcher" that lets you add them and name them.
    Contacts, Apps, Games, Main, Utilities, Preferences
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    @rexalbel lol excatly
    8 pages? I think that's a bit too much.

I have 4.
    Main (Web, Camera, Music, Memos)
    Not-Game Apps (NFL, Facebook, Tweed, engadget)
    Games (Self-explanatory)
    System (Preware, Updates, Wi-Fi)
    I have 4 pages:
    Apps (Sorted alphabetically)
    Apps cont.
    Utilities (App Catalog, Internalz, Preware, etc.)
    Settings
    I installed both patches but I don't know how to "name" them
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Unless I'm mistaken, the add/delete patch works with 1.4 but the naming patch currently does not. What you installed might just be the 'placeholder' until it is updated.

Oh, and I have 6:

Most used
    Games
    Apps
    Multimedia
    Location (nav, weather, where, etc.)
    System apps
    I have got 5 pages. They are sorted as follows (from left to right and launcher resetting to the middle page): Downloaded Apps, Stock Apps, Bookmarks (maybe should be called Shortcuts, as it holds contacts & bookmarks), Games and System Tools.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by reyalsnik View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the add/delete patch works with 1.4 but the naming patch currently does not. What you installed might just be the 'placeholder' until it is updated.

Oh, and I have 6:

Most used
    Games
    Apps
    Multimedia
    Location (nav, weather, where, etc.)
    System apps
    Looks like you are correct. The name function does not seem to be 1.4 compatible.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by LilTmac2003 View Post
    8 pages? I think that's a bit too much.

I have 4.
    Main (Web, Camera, Music, Memos)
    Not-Game Apps (NFL, Facebook, Tweed, engadget)
    Games (Self-explanatory)
    System (Preware, Updates, Wi-Fi)
    Actually I only have 6 at the moment but I am considering expanding to those 8. Thus the reason for my post. I just needed someone to bounce this off of and who better than a bunch of addicts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I keep getting errors downloading the named pages patch, but I had it before. They were: Faves, Second Place, Apps, More Apps,Settings, and ****. **** being the page that has stuff I never use at all.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shellzda1 View Post
    I keep getting errors downloading the named pages patch, but I had it before. They were: Faves, Second Place, Apps, More Apps,Settings, and ****. **** being the page that has stuff I never use at all.
    Sorry- did not anticipate filtering,lol that was S H I T
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by shellzda1 View Post
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the name pages patch is not yet compatible with 1.4 so that might be some of the trouble you were having. I also like the idea of a page for apps I never use.... I have a lot of those.
    Hmm...I have 5 pages, but I seem to be the only one with 2 separate pages for games

I have the MAIN Page for clock, web, messaging, camera, photos and the PIM Stuff (Calendar, memos, tasks). Next I have a GAMES page, containing any of the Non-PDK programmed games from PreWare or the palm catalog (this page has 29 games on it.) I then have a 3D Games page containing about 20 3D Games (Doom and Quake from PreWare, the rest from the App Catalog). Then I have my APPS page with the app catalog, Google Maps, Sprint Nav, DocViewer, PDF Viewer, Radio Streaming, Tweed, Facebook and Xbox Live Apps, then the UTILITIES page with the converters and calculators, file browser, LED Flashlight, MyTether and the Terminal App. Then finally the SETTINGS page with all the settings, Luna Manager, a Reset Button, Brightness Unlinked and "What is My IP."
    Most used, stock, games, general, utility, system

4x4 Patch + Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher + Add Delete Pages = What the pre should be stock.. I couldnt imagine having 100 apps on 3 pages. What is Palm thinking??? are they thinking??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast