Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beantastic View Post
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the name pages patch is not yet compatible with 1.4 so that might be some of the trouble you were having. I also like the idea of a page for apps I never use.... I have a lot of those.
    You know what? I said it wrong, I knew about the named pages issue, I meant to say I cannot install the add/delete launcher pages. The ones I added before update are all there, but I cannot seem to install patch. I just looked though, and if I click on launcher tab, it has options already there to add and delete pages. my preware says it is not installed though. HHHMMMMM
    I currently use 8 pages:

1. "Main" (most frequently used, and most preloaded Pre features)
    2. Medical / healthcare apps
    3. Utilities
    4. Time management (clocks, timers, calendars, agenda, ToDo)
    5. Media (photos, vidoe, youtube, radio apps, guiitar stuff)
    6. Reference (dictionaries, thesaurus, almaanacs, translators, etc.)
    7. News/weather/internet (Facebook apps are here)
    8. Entertainment (games & other "fun stuff")

I used the named app pages prior to the upgrade, and hope this patch gets updated to 1.4 because I really like it. Also miss the reset to first page patch, hope that one is available again soon.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by shellzda1 View Post
    You know what? I said it wrong, I knew about the named pages issue, I meant to say I cannot install the add/delete launcher pages. The ones I added before update are all there, but I cannot seem to install patch. I just looked though, and if I click on launcher tab, it has options already there to add and delete pages. my preware says it is not installed though. HHHMMMMM
    Try using Quick Install on the desktop to reinstall it then uninstall it then reinstall it. That worked for me once when I doctored my phone before I removed the patches (oops)
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    First page has the most stuff. The second page has all media related stuff. The third page has preferences, utilities, update, etc. I put the more important things on the first page at the top of the page. Something like this:

Page 1
    - Messaging
    - Web
    - Google Maps
    - Scopp
    - Tasks
    - Clock
    - Accuweather
    - Dictionary.com
    - Facebook
    - bunch of other things...

Page 2 (Media)
    - Camera
    - Videos
    - Photos
    - YouTube
    - MyQ doe Netflix
    - Flixster
    - Pandora
    - Music
    - RadioTime
    - other stuff below: Fandango, Amazon MP3, etc.

Page 3 (Utilities)
    - Device Info
    - Help
    - Backuo
    - Updates
    - App Catalog
    - Sounds & Ringtones
    - Screen & Lock
    - Date & Time
    - Regional Settings
    The "Named Pages" patch does work! But won't install with wosqi (although commandline install works - which is what I did). The patch will be in Preware soon. For more details, see the specific patch thread.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    The "Named Pages" patch does work! But won't install with wosqi (although commandline install works - which is what I did). The patch will be in Preware soon. For more details, see the specific patch thread.
    Thanks for the tip!
    I have five pages.

1 -Tools (Calculators, Calender, Memos, Translators, Infopedia apps, Dictionary,Task Mgr.)
    2 -Games (About 32 and counting lol)
    3 -Entertainment (All my radio and music apps, You tube, videos, Restuarant and food info)
    4 -Media ( All my News apps, RSS Feed apps, Comics, book readers etc.)
    5 -System (Self explanatory, includes Preware, Preload, Luna Mgr. and teminal)
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Does anybody know what the max number of pages you can have is?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have pretty much the same general layout as you do but my first page is favorites. That way, I have all my most frequently used apps just a click away. I also have Jason's patch that opens the launcher page automatically on unlock to make it even easier to get to where I'm going quickly.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    It's in Preware & it works.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12