Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    right when I installed 1.4 I had 1.5 gb left now I have 0.8 what's up with that? I deleted a bunch of videos I didn't need anymore and also like 5 apps and it's still on 0.8! Anyone lese not seeing their memory increase after deleting apps and videos and itc..
  2.    #2  
    yes same problem but i had more then only those problem my pre didnt came on it stuck in boot and then finally after hours of fixing and people in here tellin me i should try orange sym r key it finally came back on but was unsabale slow forze and memory droped from 5 to 3.4 and i will get a new pre or even a toytally different phone sprint already told me it will be ok to change devices and now i am running this pre back on 1.3.5 and it worrks like an charm. but yes memory droped badly not sure what this is.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    I had the same issue.....as well a few others w/ 1.4.0. I ended up Dr'ing my phone.
    Preware is the problem. It created a few huge files while updating the feeds. Check the Preware thread, someone posted a fix to remove those files there. I'd post the link but I'm typing this from my phone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Preware is the problem. It created a few huge files while updating the feeds. Check the Preware thread, someone posted a fix to remove those files there. I'd post the link but I'm typing this from my phone.
    I started looking for it but no luck :/. If you can please share a link thank you.
    Luckily, someone posted it as a new thread. Here it is:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ards-open.html

He says to delete the largest file, in his case PreCentral, but I deleted all the files in that directory.
  8.    #8  
    Luckily, someone posted it as a new thread. Here it is:

[url]

He says to delete the largest file, in his case PreCentral, but I deleted all the files in that directory.
    I'm not having that problen though, I'm not getting that critical memory thing. Would iit give me memory back? I have 0.8 gbs left
    Yes, that's the cause of both the critical memory error and the low flash memory space. Before the update, I had 5.7GB free. After the update, I had 3.3GB free. After following the steps in that thread, I had 5.7GB again.

Hope that helps.
  10.    #10  
    Yes, that's the cause of both the critical memory error and the low flash memory space. Before the update, I had 5.7GB free. After the update, I had 3.3GB free. After following the steps in that thread, I had 5.7GB again.

Hope that helps.
    oh ok, thanks . Do you think I should remove all the files or just the precentral one or which ever has the most memory. Which ones did you remove?
    before update I had 6.2,,after update,with the addition of a few more apps,,i have 6.1,also have some vids saved.
    o and I have preware.forgot to mention.
    We're able to replicate the issue where an erroneously large feed database cache file causes Preware to suck up huge amounts of memory, and this is fixed by a correct reinstall (i.e. not with fileCoaster or PreLoad or PreUpdate) of the latest Package Manager Service.

There is a new version (0.9.38) of the Package Manager Service in the alpha testing feeds now which deletes any erroneously large feed database cache files on each reboot. Once a few other people have tested that, I'll release it.

We are unable to replicate any issue that occurs without running Preware. In particular, we are unable to replicate the issue stated by some posters where there is an issue in being able to boot the phone or connect to it to reinstall the Package Manager Service. If someone can provide debug information on that so that we can determine whether it is a real problem with Preware or not, we would appreciate it. Since I cannot reproduce it, if it is a real problem then at least the next version of Package Manager Service will fix it on each reboot.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    wowow
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We're able to replicate the issue where an erroneously large feed database cache file causes Preware to suck up huge amounts of memory, and this is fixed by a correct reinstall (i.e. not with fileCoaster or PreLoad or PreUpdate) of the latest Package Manager Service.

There is a new version (0.9.38) of the Package Manager Service in the alpha testing feeds now which deletes any erroneously large feed database cache files on each reboot. Once a few other people have tested that, I'll release it.

We are unable to replicate any issue that occurs without running Preware. In particular, we are unable to replicate the issue stated by some posters where there is an issue in being able to boot the phone or connect to it to reinstall the Package Manager Service. If someone can provide debug information on that so that we can determine whether it is a real problem with Preware or not, we would appreciate it. Since I cannot reproduce it, if it is a real problem then at least the next version of Package Manager Service will fix it on each reboot.

-- Rod
    any idea when you'll release it? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    any idea when you'll release it? Thanks
    Yes, as soon as three people have alpha tested it and reported success.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    oh ok, thanks . Do you think I should remove all the files or just the precentral one or which ever has the most memory. Which ones did you remove?
    To be sure you get your maximum space recovered I'd go ahead and delete all of them.
    To be sure you get your maximum space recovered I'd go ahead and delete all of them.
    You can delete any and all of them, because they will be regenerated next time you hit "Update Feeds" in Preware. Normally they should be 100's of kilobytes, up to 3MB max. The next version of the Package Manager Service will automatically delete any larger than 10MB on each reboot, just in case.

-- Rod
    not to hijack thread but Rod or Jason can you tell me the fix when Preware or WebosQI won't show the apps or patches installed on the phone? Trying to avoid doctoring again if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    not to hijack thread but Rod or Jason can you tell me the fix when Preware or WebosQI won't show the apps or patches installed on the phone? Trying to avoid doctoring again if possible.
    Try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast