Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Can I use my Palm desktop calender program still and sync it with my Pre? That was one of my reasons for getting the Pre over any other phone since I have been using if for 3 years now and I have a lot of archived appointments that I dont want to loose and I still like using the program. Does anyone know what to do?
    Sorry, but you cannot do this. Everybody wants it but you would have to pay $40. for an app that would let you sync your phone to your computer. Use Google calendar instead. It's almost like having it. Maybe in another update they will give it to us for free (wishing and hoping).
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    Sorry, but you cannot do this. Everybody wants it but you would have to pay $40. for an app that would let you sync your phone to your computer. Use Google calendar instead. It's almost like having it. Maybe in another update they will give it to us for free (wishing and hoping).
    Migrating from Palm PDA's ~ Palm Treos~ Centro & now The Pre..I have been using gmail and like it better than syncing with a desktop calendar. An easy way to manage contacts & Calendar in one. Best of all it is not using space on the phone.
    You need to get the App "Classic" in the app catalog. It has the original palm calendar, tasks, and memos. It also supports hot sync over Wi-Fi connections with Palm Desktop software. It is a little pricey, but the calendar and task integration make it worth it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mt_griz99 View Post
    Can I use my Palm desktop calender program still and sync it with my Pre? That was one of my reasons for getting the Pre over any other phone since I have been using if for 3 years now and I have a lot of archived appointments that I dont want to loose and I still like using the program. Does anyone know what to do?
    There is a way, but it involves buying a third-party package. I used Palm desktop for years before the Pre. I tried switching over to Google calendar, but I didn't like its interface. I tried a couple of third-party free trials. CompanionLink (about $40) fit my needs best. What I do now is use CompanionLink to sync between the desktop and Google calendar and the Pre syncs with Google calendar. CompanionLink will also work with other desktop calendars such as Outlook.
    I do it using Google . I then also use Thunderbird as my Email so it syncs with google calendar and thats one way .

this is the better way. use google calendar. download the google sidebar program. there a calendar app in it. you can put this little ( or big) calendar anywhere on your desktop and it will give you alerts etc. so yes its totally possible and free. again you need to use the google calendar and download the google sidebar . then download the calendar app for the desktop and you can put this little calndar anywhere on your desktop.This desktop calendar syncs with the web based google calendar which syncs with your PRE.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 03/02/2010 at 08:16 AM.