Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I like the 1.4 update except there is one huge issue for me.

If I have the ringer switch (on top of the phone) set to off, the system notification sounds are not muted. Why does Palm think this is ok? If I'm in a meeting I don't want my email or text messaging sounds going off. And yes, I know I can set them to mute or vibrate by default but I only want them muted when I flip the switch on top. I don't have time to go into all 5 email accounts and set them to vibrate before every meeting.

Anyone figure out a way around this??
    muted? The top switch is for vibrate, not mute. Also, when I set it to vibrate, my sounds are not audible (text comes in and my Pre vibrates, no sound). I have email set to manual so I don't use the tones for that alert so I can't speak on that.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Well yeah, I have that switch set to vibrate too but the point is that the system notification sounds are not affected by this switch.

I did just check and yes, my phone does vibrate when a text comes in so I guess that part works. But it still makes noise when I get an email, close a card (by swiping it away) or putting the phone on the touchstone.....even though the switch is on vibrate.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Very strange. My ringer switch turns off all sounds (email, card swiping away, text) except for media and alarms - it always has. I have never had system sounds make a sound while at work and my ringer switch is off. You may want to check your Sounds and Ringtones settings. You can customize what you want the phone to do while your Ringer Switch is OFF. Mine is set to vibrate, but you can select mute.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Do you have any patches on your phone? The weirdest things can mess with the phone OS. You may want to try doctoring it to see if that helps.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Nope, no patches or themes, just homebrew apps. I also have my phone set to vibrate when the ringer switch is off. Everything worked fine just like you described until 1.4 came along. Then today I was in a meeting and my email notification sound went off.

I'm not really sure what the problem is.