Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Basically I have this error on my preware
    Area in bold represents my error as it shows on my pre while launching preware

Failure during 'update' operation
    ipkg_conf_init: Failed to create temporary directory `(null)':Read-only
    filesystem

ACTIONS PERFORMED TO TRY TO FIX:
    reinstalled preware and package manager service countless times at least 4 times! through WOSQI

please help me I cant live without preware =/
    Last edited by eztech; 03/01/2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: add info
    eztech, have you confirmed that you are using Webos Quick Install 3.02? I noticed I was having ipk errors in Preware and after several attempts to reinstall both Preware and PSM, I finally realized I was still using quick install 2.96. Updating that and reinstalling both worked for me.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    eztech, have you confirmed that you are using Webos Quick Install 3.02? I noticed I was having ipk errors in Preware and after several attempts to reinstall both Preware and PSM, I finally realized I was still using quick install 2.96. Updating that and reinstalling both worked for me.
    Yes I'm using 3.02 QI when I go to help l About it says WOSQI Version 3.02 thanks for the attempt tho =/ im still trying to get this working....
    im getting the same thing on my phone, need help please
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Updating worked for me, as I was seeing similar issues. Another thing to consider is to uninstall any themes you might have installed and then reload the feeds from the new preware.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damdre2 View Post
    im getting the same thing on my phone, need help please
    This worked for me Damdre2
    Download your appropriate carrier install and doctor to 1.4 this fixed my Issue and worked flawlessly with installing it with WOSQI like I had tried tons of times before. I guess I just needed a clean install ^^
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-140-...int-o2-verizon
    Last edited by eztech; 03/02/2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Adding link for solution!
    i call sprint and got a replacement phone thanks for the help.
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    Quote Originally Posted by damdre2 View Post
    i call sprint and got a replacement phone thanks for the help.
    That is exactly the wrong thing to do.

If you have a software issue on your phone, you run the webOS Doctor to fix it. If you're going to take a phone to the carrier for any reason, you should run the webOS Doctor to remove any homebrew from it first. Palm and Sprint have no problem with homebrew, but the managers and staff in some isolated stored can be jerks about it and try and blame hardware problems on homebrew software.

Remember: Always run the webOS Doctor and then try and replicate the problem before taking your device to Palm or Sprint.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals