1.    #1  
    I just took a video with my Pre running 1.4 and it plays great on the Pre and on my computer. However, if I try to upload it to Flickr, it won't work. The flickr website says that it supports MPEG-4 video. Isn't that the format that the Pre uses? Does anybody have any suggestions?
  2.    #2  
    Quick update: I changed the file extension from .mp4 to .mpg and then it worked fine on flickr. That's pretty annoying though. I'll check with flickr and see if it's a problem they can fix...
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I've gotten 2 different errors trying to upload videos to flickr by email ("video cannot be processed" and "video is being processed" indefinitely). These were emailed directly from my Pre. It's much less useful if I have to rename the file via a computer.
  4.    #4  
    Hmmm. This is strange. I was writing a note on the flickr help forum to see if I could get some help on this and uploaded again to demonstrate the problem and this time it worked. So now it seems to be working even if I don't rename the file. I'm not sure why, but for now, it seems to be OK...
    hhmm. I was just able to record a video and email it to Flickr without any trouble. It is viewable on the site and plays with sound just fine. It was also a very short video, if perhaps processing time is the problem?

I don't know if it matters, but are you both "Flickr Pro" members?

... now, hopefully the "Improved Filename" patch will be updated soon! ;-0
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's working now for me too. Flickr must have changed something on their end. I emailed the same video 3 times from my Pre over the past 4 days, and got 3 different responses (2 different errors and now success). Cool.