Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found a new issue after the 1.4 update.

I've been leaving my WiFi on. When at home and work, it kicks in and works fine. Outside of either EVDO kicks in and works just fine.

After updating to 1.4, the switch back to EVDO doesn't work. Everything "looks" normal and I get no errors, but no data traffic flows. The only way I can get EVDO working again is to hit "Update Network Settings" in the Phone Preferences.

Anyone experience this?
    I noticed the same thing today.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Yup, I had to put my phone into airplane mode then return to get it to work...
    I'm not seeing this on my Pre. Just tested it. Works fine.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I'm not seeing this on my Pre. Just tested it. Works fine.
    I don't think it will "bork" on a manual WiFi on / WiFi off. I'm seeing it when I leave WiFi on, and leave the area of a usable access point. Turning WiFi back off at that time does not help, only the "Update Network Settings".
    I am having the same issue... I noticed it on sunday after the update... and yes, I have to update my network settings to correct it temporarily.. :-( .. it is really an inconvenience!
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I don't think it will "bork" on a manual WiFi on / WiFi off. I'm seeing it when I leave WiFi on, and leave the area of a usable access point. Turning WiFi back off at that time does not help, only the "Update Network Settings".
    Ohhh, Ok. Gotta try that...
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I just turn off "wifi" and it switches to EVDO. When I leave my house I always switch off "wifi" to help conserve the battery.
    So that's why my EVDO stopped working...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I've been leaving my WiFi on. When at home and work, it kicks in and works fine. Outside of either EVDO kicks in and works just fine.

After updating to 1.4, the switch back to EVDO doesn't work. Everything "looks" normal and I get no errors, but no data traffic flows. The only way I can get EVDO working again is to hit "Update Network Settings" in the Phone Preferences.

Anyone experience this?

Yes, I can confirm this as well.
    Last edited by mahylo; 03/01/2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Missing the reply.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I think I experienced the same behavior just this evening when I went
    out to run an errand. Refused to access data. Phone normally lives
    on a Wifi network.

The new "Keep Wifi on" setting in Wifi sleep settings can be disabled
    and it should fix this, because it'll always turn Wifi off when the phone sleeps
    and if it wakes up on EVDO somewhere else it should work normally.
    Weird thing is the underlying effect of "Keep Wifi on" was introduced in 1.3.5
    and nobody reported this problem with it. Some people had high battery drain
    issues, but nothing like this.

ian
    im getting really really frustrated with all the bugs. and sprint customer service acts like i'm the only one with this problem.
    I did notice this! My picture messages would fail whenever I was associated with an AP. Quick fix: disconnect from Wifi.

I distinctly remember this happening BEFORE 1.4, however.
    I too noticed this..

I finally just doctored the phone and it worked fine.

heres a tip though: may or may not be useful.

I've noticed doctoring straigt to 1.4 somehow seemed slow and non responsive still (even after a full erase)

what I did was: doctored to 1.2.1 and then OTA update to 1.4

my theory is the 1.4 doctor have a bad packaging (or at less my download was corrupted in someway ---just a hunch)

whatever the case is, if this is stll an ongoing problem for you, consider starting fresh with a doctor
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I too noticed this..

I finally just doctored the phone and it worked fine.

heres a tip though: may or may not be useful.

I've noticed doctoring straigt to 1.4 somehow seemed slow and non responsive still (even after a full erase)

what I did was: doctored to 1.2.1 and then OTA update to 1.4

my theory is the 1.4 doctor have a bad packaging (or at less my download was corrupted in someway ---just a hunch)

whatever the case is, if this is stll an ongoing problem for you, consider starting fresh with a doctor
    Kinda off-topic question:

What happens to the apps (paid/free) you have downloaded from app catalog which works on 1.3 or above.
    Do you get them back once you update to 1.4?
    paid apps are resynced over the air

homebrew are not
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I left my wifi on at home overnight and just a little while earlier noticed that EVDO is no longer working, despite the icon being there.

I tried 'Update Network Settings' and after spinning the wheel for a little while it said update failed.

After doing a luna restart EVDO is working now even though the update said it didn't work.

I already doctored my phone and did a full erase after 1.4 came out so I think this is definitely a 1.4 software issue. O well, at least EVDO is working now
    I have this same issue. I have been noticing it since I updated to 1.4 early Saturday morning. What I do is reset Java with Luna Manager and then everything works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahylo View Post

Anyone experience this?

Yes, I can confirm this as well.
    +1...I was wondering if I was the only one....I hope they fix this soon as it is an EXtreme annoyance
    I don't see anyone saying whether they are on Sprint or Verizon. I'm on Sprint and not seeing this issue. Is this only happening for Verizon folks?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast