Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

I use a GSM Palm Pre in Germany and don`t use 3G /EVDO. Currently I only use WiFi. Wifi keeps turning itself off in sleep mode, just like the new "Sleep feature". BUT I have set my Pre to "Keep on". I already tried a reboot, but still it occasionally turns off With both routers!

0) O2 Germany
    1) Router
    2) AVM Fritzbox 7270 @ Home, AVM Fritzbox 7170 @ Work
    3) WPA2 Personal
    4) WiFi on during sleep

Yours

mgmft
    I had this problem as well -- here is what i found
    i opened the phone ap and then the preferences
    in network settings data roaming was disabled and data usage was set to off

i switched both of these and the problem went away

i am on a pre plus with verizon

Rob
    Last edited by mespiff; 03/05/2010 at 04:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    I was having the same problem as all of you but last nite I finally got some time to test things out and here are my steps:

1) I had older vsn (IT WAS CURRENT AT THAT TIME) of muti-mod patch installed when I updated to 1.4... it wouldn't work properly so I removed it that day (ie right after I downloaded 1.4 and saw it was causing issues with web page loading)

2) started to experience the lack of return to EVDO after leaving WI-FI location. Im on Sprint, use wi-fi at home with a Belkin Router wpa2 protection and I leave it on all the time ie doesnt turn off when phone sleeps. Anytime I left range of the router I could not connect to EVDO and thus had no data services (this has been going on since 1.4 dropped until last nite)

3) Went home last nite and downloaded new vsn of mutli-mod patch (it was availble why not?)---did not fix problem but didn't interfer with web pages loading as it had before

4) luna restart

5) "forgot" home wifi network and setting in phone's wi-fi preferences

6) went to phone menu and under preferences I "updated phone settings"

7) luna restart

8) re-established my home wifi network settings on my phone

9) updated phone settings

10) luna restart

I left my wifi connected last nite and went to the grocery store, while in the parking lot I had my wi-fi still enabled (altho not connected ie grayed out since no networks in range) I checked to see if I could load precentral....it worked just fine whereas I would just get a white screen followed by an error msg usually "unable to resolve host 2006" I tried it a few other places and it worked great. Im at workk this morning and it works just fine...I also turned off wi-fi while here and I am still able to use EVDO so this combo of steps/processes seems to have fixed my issues

Now I know there are a lot of steps or restarts that others may believe to be unecessary and they very well may be....HOWEVER i am provided you the steps and things I experienced from begiining of issue to end. I dont think the multi-mod issue had a hand in this unless of course you still have the old vsn installed which is known to interfere with 1.4--new vsn works great.

I hope this helps and sorry for the legnth of it but Im an Areospace Engineer so I'M USED TO WRITING VERY LONG DOCUMENTS WHEN THREE SENTENCES COULD SUFFICE
    0. Sprint Pre
    1. Router
    2. Netgear
    2. But it also happens at public wifi access points (cafe's, restaurants, etc).
    3. WPA
    4. Wifi setting = Keep Wi-Fi on

Wifi is always enabled on my Pre when available connection is present.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 03/05/2010 at 09:35 AM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    For users having this problem please send me a private message. We would really like to get some log files for this issue.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Tried duplicating this issue during lunch and I could not. I'm going to try again when I get home. The only thing that has changed since the last time I encountered this issue is that my PRL settings were automatically updated two nights ago. Not sure if there is a correlation or not.

I'll try and duplicate this issue tonight and I'll grab the logs once I do duplicate it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    0. Sprint Pre
    1. Router
    2. Netgear
    2. But it also happens at public wifi access points (cafe's, restaurants, etc).
    3. WPA
    4. Wifi setting = Keep Wi-Fi on

Wifi is always enabled on my Pre when available connection is present.
    I too was experiencing this not only at home but at other hotspots as well....after using all day at work and switching back and forth between networks and leaving wi-fi on and off the solution I posted above is continuing to work for me almost as if the problem had never occurred in the first place

When i get a chance this weekend I will remove the multi-mod patch and verify that wi-fii and EVDO are still behaving properly thus to rule out any slim chances that installing the new mod had any influence on the solution....as I stated before this is what worked for ME...ymmv
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I experienced this last night when I went from my friends apt using his wifi to the bowling alley where I tried sending out a few MMS messages and saw they weren't going out... Had no idea why... The EVDO icon was showing but the phone wasn't able to access the net either... I too had to go into the phone app and refresh network settings. After that it worked.
    Happening here too.

--Sprint
    --D-Link router
    --having a hard time getting connected to my wifi at home. Confirm that Laptop and Touch both get wifi when Pre isn't. Has happened a few times. Sometimes it works when I reset my router, other times I do a re-start once or twice and that seems to help.
    --having same issue with switching off wifi and getting EVDO back. It has been happening all day today.
    Same problem here, only I'm on a 3G/GSM Palm Pre.

0) O2 Germany
    1) Router
    2) Linksys WRT54GL (with firmware DD-WRT v24-sp2)
    3) WPA2 Personal
    4) WiFi always on

It's really annoying! Whenever I leave home I have no data connection, which renders having a smart phone obsolete. Palm, please you have to fix this asap!!!

Edit: Btw, what exactly do you mean when you say you had to "update network settings". Where do I find this?
    Last edited by Jon Lickenheimer; 03/07/2010 at 08:01 AM.
    I'm on Sprint, and currently run stock - no issues here.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Verizon
    Router
    Linksys WRT400N Wireless N
    WPA2
    Wifi on during sleep

Was at home on my Wifi listed above. Left home and attempted to access website at a location without wifi, but with strong EVDO signal. Could not access internet through EVDO. Did manual reset using "white square+SYM+R" and EVDO could be used when the phone complete its reset.

I'll try the LUNA restart and airplane on/off mentioned in previous posts next time I encounter this.
    I am having this same problem. While on Wifi my text messages were not coming to me. a friend called me and said why haven't you responded to my three texts. I turned off wifi while still on the phone with him and all the texts 3 from him and 1 from someone else came through as though they were new.
    For users having this problem please send me a private message. We would really like to get some log files for this issue.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthill View Post
    I am having this same problem. While on Wifi my text messages were not coming to me. a friend called me and said why haven't you responded to my three texts. I turned off wifi while still on the phone with him and all the texts 3 from him and 1 from someone else came through as though they were new.
    Text messages don't use EVDO or Wifi. They come through the cellular radio.
    You sure they didn't just show up when you launched the Messaging app to
    check for your friend's messages?
    If so it's indicative of a different serious bug where several of the background
    apps are just terminating randomly, including phone, email, messaging and
    calendar. These are all normally started at Luna boot, and run quietly
    in the background. Without em, you won't get calls, messages, email etc..
    They can be re-started manually, which I suspect is what you did.

As for the Wifi/EVDO switching problem. I haven't seen it recently
    or I'd be trying to help HardBeatZ. The other 1.4 bugs are generally
    keeping me quite busy, and I wish there was some indication
    that they were as interested in them as this one.

ian
    I have to agree Bujin I'm on sprint and run stock as well and no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Text messages don't use EVDO or Wifi. They come through the cellular radio.
    You sure they didn't just show up when you launched the Messaging app to
    check for your friend's messages?
    If so it's indicative of a different serious bug where several of the background
    apps are just terminating randomly, including phone, email, messaging and
    calendar. These are all normally started at Luna boot, and run quietly
    in the background. Without em, you won't get calls, messages, email etc..
    They can be re-started manually, which I suspect is what you did.

As for the Wifi/EVDO switching problem. I haven't seen it recently
    or I'd be trying to help HardBeatZ. The other 1.4 bugs are generally
    keeping me quite busy, and I wish there was some indication
    that they were as interested in them as this one.

ian
    No, I didn't even launch the messaging app. The day prior I also realized that when I turned my wifi off an old text came in as though it were new. While on the phone I said to my friend "im going to turn my wifi off, listen as my phone will vibrate telling me your texts have arrived". I didn't want him to think I was simply not replying to his texts. Sure enough I shut off the wifi and instantly my phone vibrated. That's how I recall it. However, now since you asked the question I am second guessing myself as to whether or not I launched the messaging app. Ha ha I know this isn't much help but if I recall correctly I simply turned the wifi off and the messages came through. I could be wrong and it could be that by launching the messaging app it woke it up per say? I used to use wifi at home but now I don't dare have it on for fear that I won't get my text messages. I'll try it out again to se if I can repeat the behavior. Thanks
    Instead of EVDO not kicking back on, my phone's radio just shuts off altogether when turning wifi off. Or if I've left it on for some time the phone's radio shuts off and only wifi works. I've been searching the past week for WebOS Doctor 1.3.5.1 but it seems Palm has removed all prior versions from it's website. Anyone know of a mirror hosting it?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123