1.    #1  
    Talk about annoying. SMS USED to pop right up before 1.4 now with this stupid slpash card it takes awhile for SMS to pop right up. If the phone does this why are we not able to get the SMS to do this. It is annoying as it takes LONGER in 1.4 to get it to open.
    i open it, then touch the card to maximize it..., it doesnt even finish the first glow before it opens. seems the same to me....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    There is some lag to bring up the messaging app but I don't the speed to open to be any different with 1.4. But I agree it would be nice for it to open quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    i open it, then touch the card to maximize it..., it doesnt even finish the first glow before it opens. seems the same to me....
    Actually with that method it does seem to be open quicker, just tried it.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    My Sprint Pre rarely if ever has a splash screen when loading.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    My Sprint Pre rarely if ever has a splash screen when loading.
    Ummm how is that??? EVERY single application I open has a Splash card for a few seconds.
    Just leave the card open. It's how webOS is meant to be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Ummm how is that??? EVERY single application I open has a Splash card for a few seconds.
    Maybe on your phone. Do you think it is possible that other people have a different experience?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I'm not sure why it doesn't have a splash screen, it is the only app that loads so quick it doesn't do it. All the rest do.

I'm not complaining.

I'd be happy to post a video if you don't believe me.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Just leave the card open. It's how webOS is meant to be used.
    Doesn;t that use up more battery?
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no
    What he said. I always leave the Phone and Messaging apps open at the minimum.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    At least before when the sms app was loading you could still type the message in 1.3.5. It may have lagged for a sec then but at least everything you typed in at once would all come out at once. I still liked that better then the wait. Now I have to wait for the damn app to load. If i start typing early it thinks i'm trying to do a universal search since the card is not full screen yet. I hope they can make the app load faster like the phone. Maybe give it a lil more priority or something. I guess I'll leave it open all the time for now...

However, I do like the new way apps load... just not how the sms app does.

Thank make sense?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatrom View Post
    at least before when the sms app was loading you could still type the message in 1.3.5. It may have lagged for a sec then but at least everything you typed in at once would all come out at once. I still liked that better then the wait. Now i have to wait for the damn app to load. If i start typing early it thinks i'm trying to do a universal search since the card is not full screen yet. I hope they can make the app load faster like the phone. Maybe give it a lil more priority or something. I guess i'll leave it open all the time for now...

However, i do like the new way apps load... Just not how the sms app does.

Thank make sense?
    exactly!!! +1000
    The first time I lauch the dialer after a reset or Luna restart, I get the animation for one or two seconds. After that, it is pretty instant.

Messaging has been real bad a couple times, but usually not. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not but the times it launched slow I had videos in a couple of conversations. I need to send a couple more and see if it repeats. The other thing that affects it is how many messages it has to load from the database.