Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After seeing so many Negative posts and wanted to post my POSITIVE experience with my Pre Plus and 1.4.

So far the phone is running much much! better now. Feels alot more polished, Here is a list of the positive:

1) Faster screen transitions within ALL programs.
    2) Faster scrolling with email, contacts and call log.
    3) Web Browser loads pages faster and renders more accurately.(pinch&zoom faster w/less hangup)
    4) Screen feels more sensitive to inputs now.
    5) Getting better battery life (especially when phone is idle)
    6) Dial Pad is faster and doesnt hang up o0r freeze anymore.
    7) Email is much more responsive btw reply and forward and intial send.
    8) Photos program loads faster and photos load quicker now.
    9) Better call log layout really shines.
    10) Video camera is only 2nd to iphone.

Here are some tips YOU MUST DO, to have the 1.4 UPDATE runs as smooth as can be.

1) Remove ALL patches.(especialy + clock speed patches)
    2) Backup all pictures and do a full erase. Make sure device backup is on. After full erase login into your primary email Palm login. This will restore all your phones info including apps, email and notes. (you will lose photos & call log).
    3) Do not install any homebew programs.
    4) Do a battery pull right after 1.4 fully restores for the 1st time. This must be done! (note! do not pull battery until fully restored)

(if anyone does not follow all the of the above with 1.4 , then they have no right to complain in this forum)

feel free to add to either of my lists above....
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    What happened to my forward gesture?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After seeing so many Negative posts and wanted to post my POSITIVE experience with my Pre Plus and 1.4.

So far the phone is running much much! better now. Feels alot more polished, Here is a list of the positive:

1) Faster screen transitions within ALL programs.
    2) Faster scrolling with email, contacts and call log.
    3) Web Browser loads pages faster and renders more accurately.(pinch&zoom faster w/less hangup)
    4) Screen feels more sensitive to inputs now.
    5) Getting better battery life (especially when phone is idle)
    6) Dial Pad is faster and doesnt hang up o0r freeze anymore.
    7) Email is much more responsive btw reply and forward and intial send.
    8) Photos program loads faster and photos load quicker now.
    9) Better call log layout really shines.
    10) Video camera is only 2nd to iphone.

Here are some tips YOU MUST DO, to have the 1.4 UPDATE runs as smooth as can be.

1) Remove ALL patches.(especialy + clock speed patches)
    2) Backup all pictures and do a full erase. Make sure device backup is on. After full erase login into your primary email Palm login. This will restore all your phones info including apps, email and notes. (you will lose photos & call log).
    3) Do not install any homebew programs.
    4) Do a battery pull right after 1.4 fully restores for the 1st time. This must be done! (note! do not pull battery until fully restored)

(if anyone does not follow all the of the above with 1.4 , then they have no right to complain in this forum)

feel free to add to either of my lists above....
    Well, AUPT worked for the most part for me (and the issues I had were not due to AUPT, for some reason I got errors while trying to unmount something whilst upgrading patches). Did not do a full erase or doctor, just did the OTA. I have homebrew galore. Didn't do any battery pulls. 1.4 works perfectly for me.
    I was hoping they would update the macro focus on the camera so it cud be used to photo docs and other small things I need pics of that the cameras on every other phone I've had can do
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjamrio View Post
    I was hoping they would update the macro focus on the camera so it cud be used to photo docs and other small things I need pics of that the cameras on every other phone I've had can do
    Don't know what macro focus is, but I think what you want would require a harware change. ie autofocus lens. What we have is fixed focus with depth-of-field enhancement.
  6. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    How do you do a full erase?

jmf
    Hi, THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE POSITIVE NEWS!

Please keep in mind that I do not yet own a pre, I cannot get a new phone until Oct. So I may not properly follow an issue, since I have not yet tried out the Pre and cannot wait to have one!

You mentioed do not install any home brew programs. I assume that means, you cannot install any home brew until all else is done, as per your very acurate and percise instructions. (Thank you for that as well)!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Why should anyone have to go through all of that for an update?
    hey, what does the calendar do differently?
    I've heard over and over that there are enhancments?

anyone know?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    agreed - 1.4 has been great. phone is much faster; I also started from a fresh install no patches etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    hey, what does the calendar do differently?
    I've heard over and over that there are enhancments?

anyone know?
    Calendar

• You can customize calendar notification sounds in Preferences & Accounts. The options includeMute, System Sound, Ringtone, and Vibrate. The Ringtone option includes new notification sounds to give you more customization choices.
    • With this release, future occurrences of repeating Calendar events consistently appear correctly.
    • If you create an event and enters a phone number as the event name, location, or description, you can tap the phone number on the event details screen to dial it.
    • A new Select All application menu item is available when the cursor is in an editable text field.
    • A new Sync Now application menu item gives you a second way to manually synchronize your calendar accounts (in addition to the Sync Now button in Preferences & Accounts).
    • This release improves Calendar synchronization performance in poor network coverage areas to optimize battery life. It also increases the default interval for synchronizing with online calendar accounts other than Exchange accounts.
    • Editing a Google calendar event on the phone no longer sets an email reminder in Google on the web.
    • This release contains improvements to the visual calendar display, including a clearer indicator of AM and PM and improved current time display.
    Oh yeah... and 1.4 works with the 600mhz patch
    Works fine with patches and homebrew for me ... I don't know why people feel the need to dis them so much. If you know what you are doing they are very safe and do not impact performance or battery life.
    so far its works great, apt and patch all good, but.. can get preware to work, keep getting failure during update operation ipkg_conf_init: failed to create temp. directory (null ) no suc file or directory..
    and filecoaster locks up...
    any help???
    X//\/\\X
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    What happened to my forward gesture?
    check the Screen and Lock app and see if Advanced Gestures is turned on.