Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm a huge baseball fan, and with the season coming up, i wanna know the best way to follow my team. Is that mlb mobile premium service worth it? Or is there a good third party app? I wish mlb would come out with a native at bat app for the pre.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    last year I followed the yankees with Sporting News Pro Baseball from the App Catalog Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

and I also sign up to get alerts via txt: Get MLB Alerts
    ESPN text message alerts are good and free.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Who's your team? I follow a Braves blog from the Atlanta Journal Constitution via Google Reader. I go to reader.google.com from the browser and keep the card open. I've found this to be much more reliable than Scope.
    Unfortunately, none of the solutions are nearly as good as the iPhone MLB app, I really wish they were bringing that to the Pre.

The Sporting News app was average, but keeping up with live games was nearly impossible because of slow refreshes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphy View Post
    last year I followed the yankees with Sporting News Pro Baseball from the App Catalog [url= USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.[/url]

and I also sign up to get alerts via txt: [url= MLB Alerts[/url]
    I use the same app n also go to mlb.com for mobile
    I would also suggest ESPN alerts as you can customize how often you want the alerts to come and its all free.
    I haven't been able to try it since I havent had this phone while a season is going on but I'm wondering if the app RadioTime is going to allow me to listen to the games since the station that broadcast them is one of my local choices.

Does anyone know if they continue broadcasting those channel while a game is on?

I'm thinking it may be a copyright thing by mlb, but you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    I haven't been able to try it since I havent had this phone while a season is going on but I'm wondering if the app RadioTime is going to allow me to listen to the games since the station that broadcast them is one of my local choices.

Does anyone know if they continue broadcasting those channel while a game is on?

I'm thinking it may be a copyright thing by mlb, but you never know.
    I have been wondering the same thing... 880am in NYC is the home of Yankee games and is streamed over radiotime, but I wonder if it will be blacked out due to broadcast restrictions... if so, I will have to pay for MLB.com gameday premium for mobile to get streaming audio!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    RadioTime will carry all available games that are available for streaming on the Pre/Pixi. If the stream is available and compatible with WebOS, it'll be there. You'll just have to go to Sports and during the season and an MLB category will be listed. Click on that, and it should have the stations sorted by team or game.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    i used the MLB premium service last year...worked well but for $5 a season i didnt complain plus u get the live audio from home and away games.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    unless MLB has changed their internet streaming blackout policy, then the only way to get games is thru mlb.com
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Anyone tried to subscribe to mlb mobile premium tonight? If so, did you get an error? I cant get them to take my money!

And the games will ONLY be on MLB.com, they will be blacked out on radiotime, for sure.
    Yup...getting errors trying to sign up for MLB Mobile Premium the entire day. Hopefully they fix this soon.
    I used the Sporting News app last season as well. However, I haven't been able to get the team calendar to import to my Pre for the 2010 season. Has anyone had any luck with this, or should I just import through google calendar?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    i used the MLB premium service last year...worked well but for $5 a season i didnt complain plus u get the live audio from home and away games.
    Same here. The Pre came out mid season 09 so it was a big surprise that we got it last year. But I fully expected MLB to give us an iPhone-quality app this year and unfortunately they didn't. I think we'll still get the MLB premium service and I'm going to buy it, but I'm still going to buy the iPhone app too and use it on wifi or tether.

I really hope MLB doesn't keep this stuff exclusive to Apple products because both the iPhone and iPad app look incredible and Pre/Android users deserve a good version also.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmf3476 View Post
    I used the Sporting News app last season as well. However, I haven't been able to get the team calendar to import to my Pre for the 2010 season. Has anyone had any luck with this, or should I just import through google calendar?
    For some reason when I tried to set up some sports calendars through Google using the Sports Section of "Interesting Calendars" it wouldn't show up on my Pre. I don't know if it works now because I haven't tried it recently.

I did add a Google calendar based on the .ics link from Yahoo Sports and that one shows up fine on my Pre.
    Why not just go to ESPN mobile?
    You could also patch the phone to accept streams thru the browser and then go to your teams main home page. For the Cubs, you can access an audio feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger069 View Post
    For some reason when I tried to set up some sports calendars through Google using the Sports Section of "Interesting Calendars" it wouldn't show up on my Pre. I don't know if it works now because I haven't tried it recently.

I did add a Google calendar based on the .ics link from Yahoo Sports and that one shows up fine on my Pre.
    You can also get a .ics link directly from your team's website. Click your team's regular season schedule here, then click the "downloadable schedule" link on the left.

I haven't used the Yahoo Sports one but one of the things I like about the MLB one is that it generally shows expected pitching matchups and what channel the game is on.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast