Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Flash will hopefully address all of this. From streaming from MLB.com to perhaps video streaming as well. It's a lot of if's, but that's where I would put my money.
    mlb.com alerts were great,,on centro I use to get big highlights from redsoxs almost instantly after they happen. Raidotime guy does not know what he is talking about. Could never stream sox s games on internet,only regular radio,internet stream would play other shows during the game.
    Where can I find information on purchasing the MLB.com Premium for 2010? All of the info on the fulll website seems to be for last season, and I can't find any mention of mobile premium go to mobile site via my Pre.
    Just don't use any of those Brighthouse Labs "Baseball Fans" apps. From the reviews I've read, they are a rip-off and don't provide any information you can't easily get from other sources.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Not exactly on topic but does anyone if the Pre has a fantasy baseball app?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You can also get a .ics link directly from your team's website. Click your team's regular season schedule here, then click the "downloadable schedule" link on the left.

I haven't used the Yahoo Sports one but one of the things I like about the MLB one is that it generally shows expected pitching matchups and what channel the game is on.
    awesome way to follow the wsox way to the 2010 ws.

thanks
    Ok...here's the answer directly from MLB Tech Support on the MLB Mobile Premium service... "Mobile premium is not available to purchase until March 15th". So...those of you trying to order it but getting 'unexpected error', wait until the 15th.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmf3476 View Post
    Where can I find information on purchasing the MLB.com Premium for 2010? All of the info on the fulll website seems to be for last season, and I can't find any mention of mobile premium go to mobile site via my Pre.
    You have to go to a team page on your Pre, it's not accessible from the main mlb.com page.
    yes,went redsox .com,,signed up for team alerts,,had this last yr,,its great.its through mlb.com,,4 bucks a month but worth it.when a big play happens,,with in 2 mins I have the video highlight of the play..lets face it there are many games,,cant see them all,but with this I never miss a dam play.lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Probably not anytime soon, from the MLB Mobile Blog:
    "Currently Mobile Premium is the solution for the Pre owners. But we appreciate the Feedback."
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Jeez.. $15??? I'm a huge MLB fan, but no thanks.
    You can also get a .ics link directly from your team's website. Click your team's regular season schedule here, then click the "downloadable schedule" link on the left.

I haven't used the Yahoo Sports one but one of the things I like about the MLB one is that it generally shows expected pitching matchups and what channel the game is on.
    Do you get updates of the calendar subscription on your Pre? I added the .ics link for the Detroit Tigers. They are currently playing spring training games. I noticed that if I go to Google where I created a calendar by entering the .ics link I can see updates like scores. However, as these are changed in Google I don't see the changes on the Pre.

I ask because you mentioned that you can get pitching matchups. Can you actually see the changes on your Pre when the event is updated? If so I wonder what I am doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    $15 bucks seems like a very reasonable price for a full seasons worth of audio, assuming that's the primary reason for the purchase.

There are more than enough Mariner's games going on while I'm still at work and don't have access to a TV or radio to make it worthwhile. I guess some of that's due to geography, but I still feel like there's a ton of value for only $15.

Go M's!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger069 View Post
    Do you get updates of the calendar subscription on your Pre? I added the .ics link for the Detroit Tigers. They are currently playing spring training games. I noticed that if I go to Google where I created a calendar by entering the .ics link I can see updates like scores. However, as these are changed in Google I don't see the changes on the Pre.

I ask because you mentioned that you can get pitching matchups. Can you actually see the changes on your Pre when the event is updated? If so I wonder what I am doing wrong.
    Well, this will be my first time having it in from the start of the season, since obviously the Pre came out after Opening Day. But, I've found that while things that take place in the past are not updated, that things that are in the future usually do get updated.

Basically, I think what happens is that in order to prevent syncing back with things that happened forever ago and therefore save data usage and I assume battery, the Pre doesn't update anything that has a start time earlier than the current time. So yeah, unfortunately you won't get score updates in the calendar, but the pitching matchups always seemed to be updated when I checked (in the regular season of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    I've heard Mobile Premium will be $5 for the season, all games, home and away teams, for all that MLB audio, a huge steal!
    Well, this will be my first time having it in from the start of the season, since obviously the Pre came out after Opening Day. But, I've found that while things that take place in the past are not updated, that things that are in the future usually do get updated.

Basically, I think what happens is that in order to prevent syncing back with things that happened forever ago and therefore save data usage and I assume battery, the Pre doesn't update anything that has a start time earlier than the current time. So yeah, unfortunately you won't get score updates in the calendar, but the pitching matchups always seemed to be updated when I checked (in the regular season of course).
    Ahhh...understood. That makes sense. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsmeesh View Post
    Go M's!
    Hell ya, go M's...
    Has anyone been able to purchase MLB Mobile Premium for this season? I still can't find an option to buy, either on the full MLB website, or the mobile version (which is were the full web tell you to look).

Alternatively, can anyone recommend an good, Gameday like application, where you can follow a game pitch by pitch? Not really looking for video or audio clips, but something I can sneak a peek at when I'm otherwise occupied and can't watch a game.
    sent by me today:

Customer (me) - 03/18/2010 02:28 PM
    What is the deal with getting this service this year.
    I've been trying to order and I've been getting nothing but the runaround.

Outdated websites,MLB.com says they have nothing to do with it.

I email the mobile department and they send back generic emails claiming that they are "working on it".

I am on a lot of forums and the word is spreading fast about how poorly potential Premium Mobile customers are being handled. Search the internet yourself and you'll see.

Please send me some good news please.

their reply:
    Response (Crystal Thomassie) - 03/18/2010 05:37 PM
    Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

The Gameday Audio and Mobile Premium apps will be available today.

To purchase the application, you will need to wait until a game is shown to be live. When you click on the link to watch/listen you will be prompted to purchase.

Sincerely,
    MLB.com Customer Support

I was finally able to order.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast