Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

That was the answer I got today from a customer service rep at palm when I complained about the double and triple letters and keyboard lag that I thought maybe fixed with 1.4!

I am really ****ed off about this now. With the inability to type an email nor text without using backspace the entire time defeats the purpose of this phone. I liked the physical keyboard but it does not work.

In my opinion I love the phone and Webos but its not worth 50 bucks right now after paying over 500 for it!!!!

I am venting and I appreciate any advice.

My old school handspring treo typed better LOL!
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    have you taken it back to get another one? maybe it wont have the same issue?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Get a Sprint Palm Pre? My 9 month old Pre has never double typed, on a serious note, in Precentral.net I read that if you mash down the keys when your Pre is turned off that it breaks the keys in. People are reporting that the more they use their Pre Plus keyboards the less problems they have with double typing.
  4.    #4  
    I have tried it all. mashed, restarted and a bunch of other stuff.

I thought palm would send me another one! Or not.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Is that an exact quote? If not, what exactly did they say?
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    This should be covered under MFG. I would call back and talk to someone else or ask to speak with a supervisor. There's no reason why this wouldn't be covered.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  7.    #7  
    I thought I would get the chat log via email but I have not received it.

I said, I have a 550.00 phone that I cannot use to send email or texts and your answer is for me to deal with it? The engineers apparently know about this problem and are working on a fix. I said when will it be out. Not sure. I said it could take months....so I own and have to run a company from a phone that ssss yyy ttt lll all day long?

He said YES!

I said either send me a new phone or send me my 550.00 back.

Then he started talking about a damn repair.
  8.    #8  
    I also pointed him to the palm forums where everyone is talking about this issue and his answer was Palm does not endorse the forums. We do not have a comment on that....

I am dead serious too. This should be covered and I should have a new phone tomorrow!

I am really upset at palm right now.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Get a Sprint Palm Pre? My 9 month old Pre has never double typed, on a serious note, in Precentral.net I read that if you mash down the keys when your Pre is turned off that it breaks the keys in. People are reporting that the more they use their Pre Plus keyboards the less problems they have with double typing.
    Oh yeah and mine has gotten worse with time.
    Take back to Verizon and exchange it for another one.
    Palm sent me a new Pre Plus for that exact reason. Get them to run you through the Interactive Tests, tell them it misses keys. Mine got express shipped and arrived today.
  12.    #12  
    Yeah I did all those tests. still nothing.
    Odd. I only complained about three times and they just sent me a new one. I havent turned it on yet, as im on a biz trip and it shipped home, but ill let you know if it fixes it.
  14.    #14  
    now he is telling me I have to wait 48-72 hours to get a call back. ***?!?!?!?!?!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Take back to Verizon and exchange it for another one.
    Verizon told me to contact palm since its a hardware issue and they have to cover it under warranty.

or I can pay the 90 bucks for one from them that is prolly a refurb.
  16.    #16  
    now he needs to check with his supervisor.
    That's not right. I got mine replaced new with near zero effort. Sucks that you're getting treated like you dropped the soap.
    Verizon isn't the best at customer support.

If it was me I'd call customer service and escalate the call to Supervisor, etc.

I've never had double keys or triple keys except when I get a little heavy handed (or fingertip handed) when I've had a few too many Miller Lites.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by darthtoad05 View Post
    that's not right. I got mine replaced new with near zero effort. Sucks that you're getting treated like you dropped the soap.
    amen to that!!!!!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Verizon isn't the best at customer support.

If it was me I'd call customer service and escalate the call to Supervisor, etc.

I've never had double keys or triple keys except when I get a little heavy handed (or fingertip handed) when I've had a few too many Miller Lites.
    I am talking to Palm Cowgirl not verizon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast