Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    Ok, now that we got that figured out...two different ways to have the signature stick. The latter of the two allows one to go into email prefs without losing the signature which is better than not going into prefs for fear of losing the sig. Problem now is the signature is grey without being able to change or customize the letters. It's always something! Lol
    What do you mean? I can still edit mine even though it is gray.
    Before the update I was able to choose the color of the signature text, even bold, italic etc. Now just stuck with grey.
    Before the update I was able to choose the color of the signature text, even bold, italic etc. Now just stuck with grey.
    Was that via a patch? I've never been able to change the font/color of the signature.
    NEVERMIND! All's right in my world. While in the signature box touch the email tab in upper left hand corner and when dropdown menu drops touch "edit" all the changes you need are there. Colors, bold, italic...its all there!
    While in the sig block for editing I can select Email menu --> Edit to see things like Bold, Italic, Underline, and Text Color. Works fine.

ETA: Looks like you posted a minute before I did that you found it.
    Well shut my mouth! Learn something new every day! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Well shut my mouth! Learn something new every day! Thanks!
    lmao!
    Great minds...

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger069 View Post
    While in the sig block for editing I can select Email menu --> Edit to see things like Bold, Italic, Underline, and Text Color. Works fine.

ETA: Looks like you posted a minute before I did that you found it.
    Posted this question in another thread but got no help so I thought I would post this here for the email signature experts to address. I'm trying to add my cell phone number to my Pre email signature, but after a certain number of digits, the number becomes blue and underlined and clickable, and appears to the recipient as such. There must be a way to include a phone number in my signature and have it be regular unclickable text like the rest of my signature, right?
    There must be a way, but the pre automatically recognizes the sequince of #'s. I tried .'s instead of -'s. Too many spaces, /'s instead of dashes, still makes it clickable...
    I think in the past it would wait for you to put a space after the # entry...phone's getting smarter and smarter. Wait, can this thing do my taxes?!?!
    Anyone know where the signature file is kept? I'd much rather edit it in vi or something so I can try and mess around with the clickable crap, etc
    Not tech savy enough, sorry.
    The only thing I can figure at this point is to spell it out! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Posted this question in another thread but got no help so I thought I would post this here for the email signature experts to address. I'm trying to add my cell phone number to my Pre email signature, but after a certain number of digits, the number becomes blue and underlined and clickable, and appears to the recipient as such. There must be a way to include a phone number in my signature and have it be regular unclickable text like the rest of my signature, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    Anyone know where the signature file is kept? I'd much rather edit it in vi or something so I can try and mess around with the clickable crap, etc
    Let us know what you find...
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Try this: (555) 555•1234
    or 555•555•1234

Edit: Added quote for clarity.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 03/02/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    getting rid of the double dashes fixed it for me.
    I was just getting on to get on to complain! This needs to get fixed! This is a huge problem. It's the whole reason to have email on your phone and use it as if you arr work.
    Hopefull smartphoney sees this...totally worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    I was just getting on to get on to complain! This needs to get fixed! This is a huge problem. It's the whole reason to have email on your phone and use it as if
    you arr work.
    I agree, but we have figured out a couple of simple work arounds...read the thread and I'll have the email signature you've always dreamed of! Well, in a Pre sort of way....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast