1.    #1  
    I'm going to get a set of in-ear monitor type headphones soon (my previous one, Shure E4C, were stolen) and I cam upon the Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10vi. These have an in-line switchable microphone so that the telephone can be used without having to remove the earphones. So, a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone have experience with these headphones, and their microphone, on the Pre? How well does it work?

2) If not, how about wired headsets generally? Any problems there?
    great IEM's, but overkill for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Ouch... I love my E3C's. I use them all the time with my Pre since they came with a microphone extension cord as well.

OT: For some reason when I bought my E3C's it was CHEAPER to buy the pair with the mic attachment than to buy the pair WITHOUGHT the mic attachment. Like 50 dollars cheaper. It was through Shure's site as well...
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    I've got the Etymotic hf2, and they work perfectly on the Pre. I'd imagine most other iPhone headsets will as well, as long as they don't have the newer three button remote.

It's my understanding that the headset will only work if it's only got the one button.
    I have the UE Triple.Fi, wish it had the microphone like the newer series. Awesome sound quality, and though it may be overkill it still sounds way good on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by krypticide View Post
    I have the UE Triple.Fi, wish it had the microphone like the newer series. Awesome sound quality, and though it may be overkill it still sounds way good on the Pre.
    he's not going to get three times the sound quality for three times the price coming out of the Pre, especially with a lossy file format.

id save 200 dollars and get the Ety's.

or get the UE's but use them with a high quality PMP and lossless format.
    The UE Triple.Fi 10 vi works fine on the Pre. I also use the Bose Mobile On-Ear headset that does have a button on the mic.
    Last edited by odontastic; 03/07/2010 at 02:56 PM.
    you guys are rich

i find it hard to justify buying a $100 headset. Got the in-ear one from brookstone for $40.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by krypticide View Post
    Yeah, it's overkill, but it'll be doing multiple duties. I also have a Cowon player that is more able to take advantage of the improved quality.

Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    he's not going to get three times the sound quality for three times the price coming out of the Pre, especially with a lossy file format.

id save 200 dollars and get the Ety's.

or get the UE's but use them with a high quality PMP and lossless format.
    I'm finding them on Amazon for $200, and the Etys for about $130. Seems worth the difference, but there might be deals I've missed somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    Yeah, it's overkill, but it'll be doing multiple duties. I also have a Cowon player that is more able to take advantage of the improved quality.

I'm finding them on Amazon for $200, and the Etys for about $130. Seems worth the difference, but there might be deals I've missed somewhere.
    Carry on with your purchase since you have a Cowon
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I use the standard blackberry one-button wired headset.
    no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    I use the stand blackberry one-button wired headset.
    no issues.
    apples to oranges.
    h9-SD'S all the way
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2dxtream View Post
    h9-SD'S all the way
    bluetooth?

no.
    hey i have a pair of the triple fi 10 vi and i have a huge problem when i use them for phone calls! for some reason i can hear everything around me and the person on the other line, the mic is sending the info to the ear piece. this total defeats the purpose of noise isolation head phones! at first i thought it was the headset it self but after 2 phones, 2 headsets, and trying the headset on other phones i found out it is the pre itself doing this... are you guys having this same problem?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by treblig82 View Post
    hey i have a pair of the triple fi 10 vi and i have a huge problem when i use them for phone calls! for some reason i can hear everything around me and the person on the other line, the mic is sending the info to the ear piece. this total defeats the purpose of noise isolation head phones! at first i thought it was the headset it self but after 2 phones, 2 headsets, and trying the headset on other phones i found out it is the pre itself doing this... are you guys having this same problem?
    Yes, that happens on mine as well. As soon as I click to dial, I get everything around me. It's pretty annoying, but since the Pre is apparently the problem, maybe this is an opportunity. How about:

1) Turn that annoyance off when a call is in progress
    2) Turn it on via a voice recorder app. For that matter, make it capable of amplifying sounds around you. The Pre could then be one of those little amplifiers that I see advertised to the elderly on infomercials. I'd want it for more James Bondish reasons, of course.
    3) Not that it really relates directly to the topic, but as long as we're talking about the phone and recording... make a phone conversation recorder.