Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Hey guys/gals i need some help here. My pre doesnt bring up any of the Comp Options (MEDIA SYNC USB DRIVE JUST CHARGE) when i connect it to my computer. I did reboot to see if maybe that wuld work hadnt rebooted since 1.4 update but still no luck. anyone know what the problem might be?
    Might have a bad cable, try using another one.
    did you reboot ur pc or the pre? .. try rebooting the pc!
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I do have another cable somewhere ill look for it as my pc reboots thx guys ill see if that works
    If you have not, use the USB cable that came with the A/C charger. I resell other brands of USB cables and I have grabbed one from the stock from time to time to hook up my Pre. So far I have come across 3 that did not work with the Pre but worked for anything else I have hooked up. Also as mentioned above, It could be a bad cable. There are four main wires, a ground and a shield in that sleeve. The gauge of the wire if you are lucky is 28. About the thickness of nylon thread.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    After a reboot of my PC and a fresh NEW cable all seems to be working. THX guys saved me a call to Tech Support (im not to tech savvy as u can tell lol but I love my Pre) Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by salm04 View Post
    After a reboot of my PC and a fresh NEW cable all seems to be working. THX guys saved me a call to Tech Support (im not to tech savvy as u can tell lol but I love my Pre) Thx
    anytime
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Somewhat related, but not exactly the same issue: Does anyone know why my Pre no longer goes back to the "home screen" after I eject it from my Windows 7 PC? It used to be that ejecting would cause the Pre to go back a functional state again. For the last couple of weeks, when I eject, Windows 7 indicates that I can now safely remove the device, but the Pre doesn't default back to the "home screen" (it stays in USB mode) until I actually unplug the Pre from the computer. I don't get the error message indicating that I should eject the Pre before I unplug, so it appears that all is OK, but I'm not sure why I can no longer just leave it plugged in and charging after an eject from Windows. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Somewhat related, but not exactly the same issue: Does anyone know why my Pre no longer goes back to the "home screen" after I eject it from my Windows 7 PC? It used to be that ejecting would cause the Pre to go back a functional state again. For the last couple of weeks, when I eject, Windows 7 indicates that I can now safely remove the device, but the Pre doesn't default back to the "home screen" (it stays in USB mode) until I actually unplug the Pre from the computer. I don't get the error message indicating that I should eject the Pre before I unplug, so it appears that all is OK, but I'm not sure why I can no longer just leave it plugged in and charging after an eject from Windows. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    If it has gone like you say in the past but not now and it also started before the 1.4 update. It could be an update to the windows 7 or a newer version of software reaction with the USB ports. I would not worry about it though. It is that way with XP and Vista32 & 64. Your phone should be fine. Just remember to "eject" first like you have.
    Very similar problem to the first. When I plug my pre plus into my computer I get none of the options (media sync, USB drive, just charge) but it does buzz and say charging so I know the cable is fine. I have installed some patches recently but now can't connect to WebOS Quick Install because the computer won't recognize my device-I assume for the same reasons I am not getting the USB options. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlg830 View Post
    Very similar problem to the first. When I plug my pre plus into my computer I get none of the options (media sync, USB drive, just charge) but it does buzz and say charging so I know the cable is fine. I have installed some patches recently but now can't connect to WebOS Quick Install because the computer won't recognize my device-I assume for the same reasons I am not getting the USB options. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Two things.
    make sure you have updated to WebOS QI link here to thread and download
    After that if it still does not work
    Plug the USB cable into a different USB port on the computer and it should attempt to install the Palm again.