Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    anyone else have problems with email, my gmail on the pre is not working after the 1.4?
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    anyone else have problems with email, my gmail on the pre is not working after the 1.4?
    Strange you are having email problems with the update, My email (yahoo & Gmail ) has worked the best it ever has with this new update.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Neither my gmail nor my sbcglobal.net accounts are working. I can't even plug in the log-in info and get it to work because it won't save.

Nightmare.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    tj0827 - I just deleted my sbcglobal.net account and re-added it. It works now.

Am doing the same for gmail and I can only assume it will fix the problem, as well.
    My "all Inbox" doesnt appear anymore. Idk where it went
    Both my wife's email accounts on her pixi and mine on my pre are gone too. She lost gmail accts and I lost both an exchange and a gmail acct.
    Last edited by wilderf; 03/02/2010 at 06:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Have you tried to add them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Have you tried to add them?
    Yep...I enter the info in the "add an account" screen, click on the "sign in" button and all I get is a message saying "Signing in...." with the spinning disk.

It doesn't get past this screen.

To confirm it isn't a problem with my email account at google, I tried the email account "a@gmail.com" with the password 'aaa' and I get the same thing.

I haven't tried my exchange account yet

I think it may be time for the doctor...

F
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    tj0827 - I just deleted my sbcglobal.net account and re-added it. It works now.

Am doing the same for gmail and I can only assume it will fix the problem, as well.
    did it?
    One more thing. I have the following patches:
    • 3000 Autoreplace word
    • Add date - MM/DD
    • Battery icon as a percent
    • Call duration in call log
    • confirm delete (for email --- maybe this is the problem?)
    • enable vibration (for calculator)
    • Improve file format (photos)
    • no auto refresh after idle (web)
    • resume play for books (mp3)
    • shake to reload (web)
    • wrap pages (cards)

webos 1.4.0, build 254, Sprint, CDMA
    I removed the 2 commom patches we have, but still no luck. They were mm/dd and batt%and icon. Aarrgg!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    My gmail stopped working this morning. I have a few patches installed.
    I uninstalled the confirm delete patch earlier, rebooted -- no luck

soo...

I just uninstalled the following patches:
    • 3000 Autoreplace word
    • Add date - MM/DD
    • Battery icon as a percent
    • Call duration in call log
    • enable vibration (for calculator)

still no luck.
    I removed the last of my patches :
    • Improve file format (photos)
    • no auto refresh after idle (web)
    • resume play for books (mp3)
    • shake to reload (web)
    • wrap pages (cards)

Still no luck...I am going to download WebOS Doctor and do a full restore to 1.4

F
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    did it?
    Yes it did. It took awhile to sync, etc. But it worked. All of my email is working fine now after deleting the old accounts and re-adding them.

I should tell you......I did doctor my phone on Sunday and re-installed 1.4 AND got rid of Preware because it's been working like crap. Then Monday I realized my email was screwed up but figured out the quick fix yesterday when I posted here.

So....doctoring (as much of a pain as it is) SHOULD resolve your problem one way or another......
    My yahoo and exchange accounts disappeared overnight. When I tried to add Yahoo back in, I got "could not verify mail server settings" error. I rebooted the phone and everything came back "magically".

Only thing I can think of, is the last thing I did was transfer some files over USB and maybe unplugging it left the file system that the email uses in a bad state.
    I still can't get email. I am also having battery problems (phone is now near 0 by lunch time) and it seems to be running a lot slower than before the update.

I tried running webosdoctor (both 1.3.5.1 & 1.4) and they both start and then display a "connection to phone lost" message. I tried a few suggestions from the webosdoctor threads, but nothing seemed to work...maybe it's my computer?

So I decided to take it to the Sprint Store to see if they could help.

I back up the important stuff using USB and then did some cleaning using WebOSQuickInstall. I also used WebOSQuickInstall to get a complete listing of all my programs. No problems.

(I wish WebOSQuickInstall had an option to create a text file with all the important information (os version, build #,...) and a listing of all installed programs and patches. It would be great for backups and for posting to this forum when you have a problem...kind of like the HijackThis log)

The Sprint Store took a look at it, couldn't fix it and told me I had to take the phone across town to the Sprint REPAIR store...ok...ah thanks for nothing.

The Sprint Repair Store played with it for about 10 min. He told me my phone has a data problem and that I would need a new one. But because it is a Sprint Repair Store, he doesn't have any phones in the store, so he will have to order one.

He also told me :
    - I have too many programs on my phone...it will make the phone run slower. (???) When he was playing with it, the email app was the only thing open. How does having a lot of apps on a phone slow it down if they are not running?
    - That I should turn off bluetooth when I am not using it...I guess he didn't realize I just came from the car where I was using bluetooth. I generally don't turn bluetooth off when I leave my car and turn it back on when I come back to the car 15 min. later...

I tried to tell him that my phone was working fine before the 1.4 update, but he didn't seem to want to believe me.

Oh well...hopefully my "new" phone will be here soon.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help, deleting and reseting the email accounts fixed the problem!
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    I've only had problems with Yahoo Mail and that existed before the 1.4 update. I've tried all of the proposed fixes and still nothing. I can't even manually pull in emails sometimes which really sucks.

On a positive note, Gmail and Hotmail work great and I get things pretty quickly. However, I don't think the frequency settings work since my Hotmail is set at every 15mins, but emails seem to push as they arrive. I'm not complaining since I prefer that, but it tells me that Palm still has a lot of work to do when it comes to putting together a comprehensive email client...at least get us a working one already!
    I did end up doctoring my Pre - twice. After the first time my email accounts came back after I signed into my Palm Profile. Then I loaded Preware and my patches back in and boom - email is gone again. So I doctored again, email showed up again, and I have not had the guts to try Preware and the patches again. I am leary of doctoring ever since I lost all my contacts when I got my replacement Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast