Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    I was in the sprint store today in the morning and like always , I like to check the palm pre, but guess what?... That palm pre had 1.4 with the volumen bug!.. Everytime I was open the launcher , the volume pop up... So howdo you think palm is going to sell if sprint don't support palm!!!!!???
  2. #2  
    Foot, meet bullet. lol.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  3. #3  
    You live in Jersey, yet you type like a Chinese spam bot? Talk about a conundrum!

    And it's not just the Pre. Most carriers set out phones for display before ever turning them on. Then they turn them on, activate them in "show-off mode" and never look at them again.

    The only time they notice that something is wrong is if a customer spots a bug and asks a rep about it.

    Oh, and I think you need a couple more "??!!" at the end of your post. I don't think people will agree with you enough without the added "??!!".
  4.    #4  
    you think I need a couple more!!?? Here they are !!!!
  5. Tubal's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #5  
    Yes. That's totally why no one buys a pre.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Yes. That's totally why no one buys a pre.
    yeap, that's the sad reality !
  7. #7  
    So the phone at the store had a bug and therefore you conclude that Sprint doesn't support Palm? Umm, ok. Did you bother to tell a salesperson about it? Chances are, like callmechewy stated above, no one has noticed it yet. Considering how many phones are in the store, it would be easy to miss.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    So the phone at the store had a bug and therefore you conclude that Sprint doesn't support Palm? Umm, ok. Did you bother to tell a salesperson about it? Chances are, like callmechewy stated above, no one has noticed it yet. Considering how many phones are in the store, it would be easy to miss.
    i asked her and she was with the excuse (that is normal because is a sensor implemented in the 1.4 ) and i was like whatttttttt.... I take off my phone from my case and asked her again so why my phone is normal?..She was like let me call to my boss and the boss give me the same history!
  9. #9  
    It sounds like the store needs a visit from a Palm "brand ambassador". LOL. And I think you meant "story" instead of "history".
  10. cezasf's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #10  
    There was an article in the wall street journal on why Palm is not doing so well. Apparently they use to have something like 800Million in assets and now they are down to 500 Million due to the fact that they have to use some of their own money to promote the PRE and PIXI.
    Sprint has lost faith in Palm, while Verizon and AT&T are looking forward to increaseing their revenue.
    FOR SHAME SPRINT!!! :-(
  11. #11  
    When the Pre came out on Sprint, I was really tempted to switch from Verizon, but then I got the news that it would make it to Verizon. I held out for 6 months and I haven't been disappointed. I never wanted the iPhone because I hate Apple and I hate AT&Thieves even more. I love the Pre and I think WebOS has huge potential. It just needs better marketing and more apps.

    I also think that Palm has a very good attitude towards the homebrew community. They just needed to have more development tools out at launch. I mean the PDK is just getting out there and should've been there at launch to ensure a large number of apps.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    When the Pre came out on Sprint, I was really tempted to switch from Verizon, but then I got the news that it would make it to Verizon. I held out for 6 months and I haven't been disappointed. I never wanted the iPhone because I hate Apple and I hate AT&Thieves even more. I love the Pre and I think WebOS has huge potential. It just needs better marketing and more apps.

    I also think that Palm has a very good attitude towards the homebrew community. They just needed to have more development tools out at launch. I mean the PDK is just getting out there and should've been there at launch to ensure a large number of apps.
    +1
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezasf View Post
    Sprint has lost faith in Palm, while Verizon and AT&T are looking forward to increaseing their revenue.
    FOR SHAME SPRINT!!! :-(
    Why do you think Verizon and AT&T care any more than Sprint? Verizon's all about android now and AT&T isn't going to do anything to upset their iPhone applecart.
  14. cgiaimo's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #14  
    I was in the Sprint Store in Edina, MN (Sprint Corporate Store) a week ago, and they don't even have any Palm or Pixies on display. They had one poster up for them, but no physical phone anywhere in the store. Sad. The one thing that sells this phone is the hands on experience, and they are not even making that available to potential customers.
  15. Quis89's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I was in the sprint store today in the morning and like always , I like to check the palm pre, but guess what?... That palm pre had 1.4 with the volumen bug!.. Everytime I was open the launcher , the volume pop up... So howdo you think palm is going to sell if sprint don't support palm!!!!!???
    I dont get it...

    So Sprint isnt supporting Palm because their device had an issue?

    That doesnt really make much sense to me...
  16. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #16  
    they don't even have 1.4 installed on the pres on display at my sprint store! Also I think sprint and verizon should have new ads about video capture
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    they don't even have 1.4 installed on the pres on display at my sprint store! Also I think sprint and verizon should have new ads about video capture
    I don't know what Sprint is pushing in their stores, but Verizon is still mainly pushing the Droid. Sadly Palm doesn't have the kind of leverage that Apple has to force some more aggressive in-store advertising.
  18. jephdood's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #18  
    I was in a Sprint store last night and there was a Pre display, but no phone attached to the high-tension cable (I swear, to play with a phone there, I have to yank it like starting a lawn mower, then turn around and string the cable over my shoulder! Must have a 10 lb. weight on the other end keeping those damn things taught!). Anyway, I asked where the Pre was, and she said "it's broken". I chalk it up to enough people tugging on the damn cable, but didn't ask what broke. But, I did as when it broke, and she told me "three or four days ago".

    Umm.. what??? Hard to sell phones when there's nothing there but a product tag and dangling cord.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    I was in a Sprint store last night and there was a Pre display, but no phone attached to the high-tension cable (I swear, to play with a phone there, I have to yank it like starting a lawn mower, then turn around and string the cable over my shoulder! Must have a 10 lb. weight on the other end keeping those damn things taught!). Anyway, I asked where the Pre was, and she said "it's broken". I chalk it up to enough people tugging on the damn cable, but didn't ask what broke. But, I did as when it broke, and she told me "three or four days ago".

    Umm.. what??? Hard to sell phones when there's nothing there but a product tag and dangling cord.
    that's what I'm saying how palm is going to progress without the carriers support!
  20. #20  
    I just left a corporately owned Sprint store here in Tucson. Salespeople were telling prospective customers not to buy the Pre but to get the new Blackberry Curve. Why? Because it was buy one get one free. So the salesperson can get double commission on the sale. The guy finally looked over and saw i had a Pre and walked away. It's not Palm folks. It's the company that is selling the product directly to the consumer. Sprint could care less if a new customer bought a Pre. As long as they buy premium service they don't care what handset you buy. So Palm has to make customers want to buy the product before the consumer hits the store. The Pre on display had a broken USB door and both the Pre and the Pixie were not updated to 1.4. Go figure. You get video recording and you don't update your display product to reflect that?
    Last edited by BrewCity; 03/01/2010 at 10:58 PM.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions