1.    #1  
    I can no longer get any data on my Pre when I am on the phone...

I was pretty sure that I used to be able to do this with a previous version. There are some times when I want to be on the Bluetooth talking on the phone and look up an address on Gmaps. Is this something that got taken away on the Sprint Pre... or are they changing something on the network side.

I changed my Handset a few months back and noticed it around 1.3.5 ; When I talked to sprint they acted like that was not something that they should be stopping from happening.

I also noticed that when I went into "Roam only" my Data got forced into the off position (in 1.4) instead of giving me the 1XRTT that others get on VZW

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    no you can't on verizon or sprint. You can only get data through Wifi while on a call.
  3.    #3  
    ...am I mistaken that, Data and phone simultaneously used to be possible?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just to expand a bit... CDMA/EvDO carriers (i.e., Sprint and Verizon in the USA) cannot handle simultaneous voice and data. It is not a limitation of the phone or WebOS, but a limitation of Sprint & Verizon. GSM Pres / Pixis do not have this limitation. You can access data if you have a wifi connection, but not the carrier network (EvDo or 1x). It sounds like data roaming may have gotten turned off for you. You can reenable it from the phone app:
    1. From the Menu, choose Preferences
    2. Under "Network" on the Preferences screen set Data Roaming to enabled
    Quote Originally Posted by deligator View Post
    ...am I mistaken that, Data and phone simultaneously used to be possible?
    You are mistaken. Only utilizing wifi can you talk and get data simultaneously.
    yeah data roaming got turned off for me after the update. Had to go and re enable it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Phone & carrier data network (EvDo / 1x) has never been possible on the Pre, Pixi or any other Sprint or Verizon phone, just phone & wifi.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by secrtagnt View Post
    Just to expand a bit... CDMA/EvDO carriers (i.e., Sprint and Verizon in the USA) cannot handle simultaneous voice and data. It is not a limitation of the phone or WebOS, but a limitation of Sprint & Verizon. GSM Pres / Pixis do not have this limitation. You can access data if you have a wifi connection, but not the carrier network (EvDo or 1x). It sounds like data roaming may have gotten turned off for you. You can reenable it from the phone app:
    1. From the Menu, choose Preferences
    2. Under "Network" on the Preferences screen set Data Roaming to enabled
    That was the case...

Now if we can only find a way to use both radio's at the same time EVDO and CDMA