View Poll Results: Do you use the wave launcher?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 51.50%
  • No

81 48.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    How sweet would the wave launcher be if you could have different apps then the ones on the launcher? If I could have my usual icons on the bottom launcher and then for the wave have 4 or 5 different apps I would use it allll the time. I hope someday this is possible thru patch or something...
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have the hide launcher bar patch also which I really like. It's kind of fun being forced to use the wave. Doesn't work well for changing the app options on the launch bar though lol.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Yup got my quick launch hidden an use the wave all the time.. You people saying it does't say time.. well after having the bar hide for so long I do not need to look at the phone anymore to use the wave launcher.

Swipe up and to the left edge for phone, straight up the middle for web or up the middle and over one finger width left or right for messaging or email. Simple, fast and looks sweet when you do it in front of people who have no clue and are like *** did you just do.
    I'm someone who likes to leave multiple cards open at all times, like email, messaging, calendar, phone, etc. I often use the wave to access these apps, and my finger knows exactly where to go for wach of these commonly used apps. If I only have 2 or 3 open, I will usually just use the advanced gesture swipe though.

I find it interesting how many people have replied that they press the button to switch to card view. I can't remember the last time I pushed it, as I prefer to just use the upward swipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsatrom View Post
    How sweet would the wave launcher be if you could have different apps then the ones on the launcher? If I could have my usual icons on the bottom launcher and then for the wave have 4 or 5 different apps I would use it allll the time. I hope someday this is possible thru patch or something...
    you can change the apps on it just hold for like 2 seconds when it brightens up just drag the icon off the wave launcher and put on your regular launch page and do the same with each icon you dont want on it then just do the same thing from launch page and put onto launch wave.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I use it for Calendar, Contacts and Mail. I wish I could replace the arrow with something useful.
    yep....works great with the "hide quick launch bar" patch!
    I wish you could fit 5 apps on the wave, but I definitely use it. I guess its just as fast/slow as using the center button or up-swipe. It does save a second or two when switching to an app that you use frequently.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Whenever I need to call someone or send a text while in the web browser I use it. Sometimes, I even use it when in card view. Why? because it's a whole lot more fun than jabbing my chunky digits at the bottom of the screen!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Also, if you want to creep without being suspicious, you can use the wave to bring up the launcher over the camera, and still see through the camera background. If anyone peers over your shoulder just cover up the camera lens with your finger and they would never know... I know I'm creepy.
    I run the patch that hides it from the main view, then just bring it up as needed. much more useful when you cant see it...if that makes any sense.
    I use it whenever i remember that it's there. However most of the time i forget all about it.
    I use the wave launcher all the time since I also use the hide quick launch bar patch.
    I too use the hide quick launch patch for a totally empty home screen (just the wallpaper). The button is totally unnecessary. One gesture (swipe up) does everything: brings up the launcher, closes the launcher, minimizes apps to a card, throws cards away, and if you don't lift your finger it brings up the wave for a popular app launch. Brilliant! Once you get used to only swiping up, other phones feel really clunky (we came from an iPhone and BB Bold) and couldn't be happier.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Hide Launcher Bar Patch FTW
    Old Kyocera Phone (pay as you go) > Motorola RAZR > Palm Centro > Palm Pre
    I installed the patch to hide the quick launch bar because I personally think it's ugly and redundant so I ONLY use the wave launcher. I just like that clean look.

Pretty funny that some people didn't even know they have the wave launcher.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 03/02/2010 at 08:00 PM.
    I do use it, i find it useful when i have an app on and i need to open one of my most used apps, which i have put on the lauch bar.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123