View Poll Results: Do you use the wave launcher?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 51.50%
  • No

81 48.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoejoe View Post
    no just unlock your phone and slide your finger from the gesture area up. Can I make a poll to find out how many people use it?
    Ah, thank you. That got it. I've never seen this thing before, I wonder how useful it will be...
    I use it all the time.
    I use it constantly. It's a great feature.
  4.    #24  
    I dont see how it is a great feature. It saves maybe a quarter of a second.
    I use the hide-quick launch patch (which leaves my screen looking very clean) so I only use the wave when I need one of the five apps located on it (phone app, camera, email, friendsbook, arrow). Otherwise, I'll swipe up from the gesture area to bring up launcher pages.

So I do use it quite often but I also like that I can remove it from my default screen which gives me more clean looking wallpaper/landscape.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoejoe View Post
    I dont see how it is a great feature. It saves maybe a quarter of a second.
    Its expected that certain features will have lovers and haters. But it's not always about the time savings, but the ease of use. And if it takes 1.25 second to launch the app page and click on an icon, there's not any room to shave off any considerable amount of time anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAgeZombie View Post
    I use a patch to hide the quick launch bar so I would be forced to use the wave. I get to see more of my wallpaper and when someone picks up my phone, they have no idea how to access anything.
    Me too.... love the look of a plain homescreen....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    And also, it's meant to be a quick launcher for frequently used apps. So it's the difference of a relatively slow swipe up to open a wave app OR swipe up, swipe up, potentially two swipes left or right, drag page up or down, and then tap.
    I use a patch to hide the quick launch bar so I would be forced to use the wave. I get to see more of my wallpaper and when someone picks up my phone, they have no idea how to access anything.
    +1
    patch request sideways wave launcher when in wallpaper view . This would be ideal !!! You could have one from the left or right but only when in the wallpaper or home screen.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    never use it
    I cant give a definitive yes or no answer. I used it when i had the hide quicklaunch patch on but i dont anymore so it doesnt really have much use
    I keep forgetting that it is there! When I do remember I use it. You need to add another line to the poll Do you remember the wave launcher?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Its useful and I use it from time to time. Wish I could remember to use it more often.
    i use it all the time! i love the wave launcher. i really liked this patch that hid the quicklaunch, because it made the screen so much less cluttered looking when there were no apps open. and when there are apps open, and the quick launch was hidden, you could just gesture on the empty screen area to move cards around, put them to the front, etc. too bad that was the only patch i've ever noticed even kind of slowing things down a little.

but yeah, i use the wave. i love it, and hope they always keep it!
    yes , i hide my phone, messaging and contacts apps with the hide bar patch , is funny when your friends want to use your phone or text to someone lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicagezombie View Post
    i use a patch to hide the quick launch bar so i would be forced to use the wave. I get to see more of my wallpaper and when someone picks up my phone, they have no idea how to access anything.
    exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1
    It would be a bit more useful if sliding up from opposite sides of the button (or LED) brought up two different sets of 4 apps. Or two sets of 5 if you could get rid of the launcher icon.
    to be honest, I never use it mainly because i forget that it's there.
    Ha! Hilarious. Anyway, I always use it. I do a lot of web browsing and texting, and I'm always making memos. I don't like pressing the button...for some reason it feels like an interruption. I've been training myself to use more gestures and less buttons. Feels smoother.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast