1.    #1  
    Resolved, see post #8 below.

So I use a Pre on a Touchstone as an alarm clock on my nightstand. Before 1.4, it always worked perfectly: I would put the phone on silent using the physical ringer switch so calls didn't wake me up, and the alarm would still ring loudly with my chosen ring tone and wake me up.

Now after 1.4, when the phone ringer switch is on silent/vibrate, it no longer rings out loud, it only vibrates. ETA: This happens both on and off of the Touchstone.

Anybody else have this one? I have patches, but not a single one that touches the clock app.

And yes, I realize there is an option in Clock Preferences that allows you to choose if the alarm will still ring when the ringer switch is off, and yes I made sure that my preference was set to always sound the alarm. And no, I'm not blaming 1.4, and yes I realize it might only be my phone, but that's why I'm asking the question, so I know whether I need to visit the doctor or if it's something the doctor won't fix
    Last edited by pullbangdead; 03/01/2010 at 02:29 PM.
    I dont have a touchstone but my alarm went off just fine this morning. I know I don't bring much to the table but atleast you know it might be touchstone related. Which is a bummer cause I plan on getting one at the end of the month.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    I dont have a touchstone but my alarm went off just fine this morning. I know I don't bring much to the table but atleast you know it might be touchstone related. Which is a bummer cause I plan on getting one at the end of the month.
    Sorry, should've added: It's not just a Touchstone issue, I tested it on and off of the Touchstone. The first time it happened was on the Touchstone, but I've tested it multiple times since then while trying to troubleshoot.

Was your physical ringer switch on the top of the phone turned off, while the alarm still worked properly?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I put my phone on vibrate every night when I go to sleep and the alarm works fine. It rings every morning while the ringer switch is off.
    edit: I am not using a touchstone, its plugged in to the wall or computer.
    mine also went off the morning without a problem. Try rebooting and test again. Remake the crrent alarms as well. I had an incident where mine did not go off and those are the stepst that fixed it.

good luck
    My physical ringer switch is always turned to silence. I'm always either at work or school or sleeping.
    The first day mine went off OK. The second day it didn't go off at all and I didn't wake up.... Today it went off OK. Regardless, it's not very dependable anymore...
  8.    #8  
    Fixed.

After trying it a dozen different ways (deleting and remaking alarms, resetting, etc), I found that by deleting all alarms, then resetting the phone immediately, and then adding new alarms back, they all work perfectly now.

Deleting and re-adding didn't work, resetting the phone didn't work, but deleting, resetting, and then re-adding did finally work.

Sweet, thanks all.
    I thought mine was broken, but then i realized that if you turn your application volume down, not the ringer volume, then the alarm will be that loud. It sucks because I want my alarm, but i dont want sound when playing games.
    1.4 fixed my alarm issues....it wasnt going off until it was visible in the notification area on the bottom...but now it goes off every morning...
    Weirdly enough, my Alarm Clock used to be able to play Music if I added it. Now it can't, and defaults to this ascending standard notification sound. Standard ringtones work fine, as does anything in the Ringtone folder. Once you try to add from your Music directory, it screws up.
    Mine worked fine this morning. I also use my pre with the touchstone on my nightstand as an alarm. I really don't have any problems with my phone since the 1.4.0 update.