Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have 0 issues with my phone... For those of you that had patches and are now having issues it doesn't take a smart person to realize why you are having issues now.
    It doesn't matter how great things are... people will still complain...

Welcome to America!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    It doesn't matter how great things are... people will still complain...

Welcome to America!
    +1
    I think the point here, people, is that while an update will probably have a bug here and there, the thing that is annoying is when people start a new thread without researching or trouble shooting at all. Or thinking back to see if it was something they had done that caused the issue.

Also, most of the things that people start new threads for, especially right after an update, will already have a thread on the topic. In many cases one that has already shown a solution or work-around that will help until the bug gets sorted.

We all know that no update is going to be perfect. Even if it pretty much is, there will most likely always be a few devices out there that have trouble with it. I think all we are asking here, is that people take a second to research the problem and do some trouble shooting. And not blame sprint/verizon/palm/the update when it is probably not their fault.

Know what? I had an issue with the launcher not launching anything after the update. Know why? Cos I didn't remove an over clocking patch and then tried to reinstall the same one. Know who's fault it was? Mine. Know what I did? STFU, doctored my phone, and did some research on here and found a thread (one that was already there, of all things!) that explained exactly what step had caused my problem. Since then I've been running all patched up again and at 600 with no trouble. Know how much stress this caused me? Just about none, because of the way the problem was handled. I'm not saying I'm the $hit, I'm just saying what works for me, and what would probably make this forum and even cooler place than it already is. Which is pretty damn cool, for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Hey kid, i've been using this phone for more than enough updates to know that there are very few issues with this one.

And to tell me not to open it... The entire page is filled with the stupid posts im talking about
    First off I'm no kid, after 20 years in the army and 18 years of IT experience I'm way beyond some kid posting from my mom's basement.

Second, I've had this phone since it came out so I think I've been through a few updates myself.

Third, obviously there are several issues with this update that people want some help with so either ignore them or don't open the forum but chastise people for starting a thread is a little hypocritical since you started a new thread to berate their thread pops.
    3 pre's updated to 1.4
    o problems

many apps + patches installed -- i just removed the theme before updating and after 2 days solid without issue

all good here
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniDrillSgt View Post
    First off I'm no kid, after 20 years in the army and 18 years of IT experience I'm way beyond some kid posting from my mom's basement.

Second, I've had this phone since it came out so I think I've been through a few updates myself.

Third, obviously there are several issues with this update that people want some help with so either ignore them or don't open the forum but chastise people for starting a thread is a little hypocritical since you started a new thread to berate their thread pops.
    This is 18 yrs of IT exp? Shocking.
    This is 18 yrs of IT exp? Shocking.
    I'm guessing that was supposed to be something intelligent?
    good s h I t...i had a few issues so I reboot it twice n is like a champ, if ur messing wit dangerous stuff than that's at ur own risk DON't BLAME 1.4!!!
    Yeah, I'm just going stock...or rather, Preware-less for a while and just doing things through WebOSQI.
    In response to OP, yes there are a lot of users who muck about with their device theming, rooting ect.. and then have issues after an update, then they rant with no productive input simply BLAME an update.

However, there are users who have read, and done their reserach on how to add remove patches, dr. phone, load relaod, ect.. Informed users who do their research and post FACT based Experiences with real issues not to Complain but to inform the community, possibly find others who maybe experiencing similiar issues and collectilvly find a resultion to issues.

These Forms By Design are meant to be user supported, this is a community that works by the input of the end user. So please don't label all post that mention issues with a new web os release as complaining, If you have nothing constructive to offer in reference to post that are seeking help then simply ignore those posts. Why waste your time complaining about threads that you think are pointless or that don't apply to you. Just because you are not experiencing issues ( phone related Anyway) doesn't mean that is the same for all users.

We rely on this forum to Communicate, & support this community of users. Hopefully everyone can see this as a resource and treat other users with respect.
    fail
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    You would do better if you shut up. There are legitimate bugs in 1.4, some of the complaints are real.

Tired of smart a** creating stupid
    threads to respond to other stupid
    threads.
    totally agree. Guess what an update shouldn't leave you hunting for fixes in the first place! If it wasn't for the update these issues wouldn't be...well, ISSUES! Lol
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    In response to OP, yes there are a lot of users who muck about with their device theming, rooting ect.. and then have issues after an update, then they rant with no productive input simply BLAME an update.

However, there are users who have read, and done their reserach on how to add remove patches, dr. phone, load relaod, ect.. Informed users who do their research and post FACT based Experiences with real issues not to Complain but to inform the community, possibly find others who maybe experiencing similiar issues and collectilvly find a resultion to issues.

These Forms By Design are meant to be user supported, this is a community that works by the input of the end user. So please don't label all post that mention issues with a new web os release as complaining, If you have nothing constructive to offer in reference to post that are seeking help then simply ignore those posts. Why waste your time complaining about threads that you think are pointless or that don't apply to you. Just because you are not experiencing issues ( phone related Anyway) doesn't mean that is the same for all users.

We rely on this forum to Communicate, & support this community of users. Hopefully everyone can see this as a resource and treat other users with respect.
    Don't get me wrong... I have no problem helping people who have actualy issues with a new update.

I do however, have a problem with people posting and REposting threads just blaming 1.4. They have no other info in their post except "(app) doesn't work because of 1.4 **** Palm" I've seen too many and its getting more than obnoxious
    Don't get me wrong... I have no problem helping people who have actualy issues with a new update.

I do however, have a problem with people posting and REposting threads just blaming 1.4. They have no other info in their post except "(app) doesn't work because of 1.4 **** Palm" I've seen too many and its getting more than obnoxious
    Simply Ignore thos eposts why waste your time even entertaining t5hos types of Postes I ignore them, most of them do not get the exposure or help if by nature they are not productive. THIS POST IS A WASTE of time & no better than the posts you have a problem with.
  15.    #35  
    THIS POST IS A WASTE of time
    Simply Ignore thos eposts why waste your time even entertaining t5hos types of Postes
    Follow your own advice?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have ZERO issues and after 1.4 my phone is faster, battery life is better & because I now have video recording -- THE PALM PRE IS EVEN MORE AWESOME.

Thanks, Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellonnnewman View Post
    +1 but, your post broke my phone.

rofl:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12