Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having problems getting their patches to work on the new OS 1.4.0?

I have downloaded the new patches compatible with that version of OS, the Quick Install shows that they are on my Pre, but none of them work after restart.

Anyone else have the same thing happening??
    What does the message say? I may be able to help you out....I am new...and was having trouble also. But I figured it out....
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have the same issue, so far it's with "enable add delete menu pages" another thing, which I believe has nothing to do with patches is every time I organize my list of all apps, upon power cycling they revert to their "original" place. Happens everytime.
    I keep getting the ipkg error
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I don't get any errors. Quickinstall shows the patches installed, my phone has them, but none of them work. I've tried the date in the top bar, message count, 4x4, hide Amazon/Nascar. None of them work.

I did everything exactly the same as I did for v1.3 but this time it's not working for 1.4.0.
    They all worked for me except the hide nascar patch...I will tell you what I did when I get off unless someone can help you before I get off work...it's 1p eastern and I get off at 5p. I may suggest try re-installing. Also are you working with the 3.0 of the quick install?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yes, I downloaded the new version of Quick install 3.0 and everything. Restarted my phone and computer several times. Nothing.
    One last question are you downloading the link for the patches and saving it on your computer...or are you getting them straight off of quick install?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I download the patches to my computer, then use Quickinstall to load them to my phone. I'm finding the appropriate patch that matches my verson of 1.4.0, then clicking on the link, saving the file to my computer. Then using Quickinstall to put them on my phone.

Thats what I did with v 1.3.5 and it worked fine.
    reboot?
  11. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    It might be becuz some patches aren't compatible for 1.4 yet but you can download them as a placeholder for when they're available later
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I've rebooted several times. I've taken the patches off, rebooted, reinstalled the patches, rebooted...still nothing.

I've deleted Quickinstall, reinstalled that, restarted my computer. I even did a battery pull and everything.

And yes, Novacom or whatever is installed.

I appreciate the help. If I can get this figured out it'd be awesome.
    you know alot of weird stuff happened with ota updates. My pre wasn't normal til a 1.4 dr.... Is that an option?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Haven't tried the doctor yet. I'll try that this evening.
    Ok so I just want to check...When you have the WebOS Quick Install under File-> Options double check and make sure it says USB Device. Then under Tools-> Tweaks try this one at a time to see if it works click on whatever patch we desire then click on restart luna. Afterwards test the device and see if it worked. Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I keep getting an error message when I try to tweak. I also have a couple patches that I'm unable to remove from my phone.

I think I'm just going to back up all of my music on my phone and run the Dr. on it. Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Ok, so I ran the doctor. All of my old patches were gone. Installed my new 1.4 patches that matched my version of WebOS. Checked under Device Management, they were all showing up there but still didn't work.

I tried the Tweak fix as BSB mentioned above and I kept getting an error saying I needed to install GNU and diffstats and selected "OK" but they never installed. Then I researched and found this link. (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...v2-96-a-3.html) I did what the recommended and went and installed those manually. Then Tweaked each patch individually and now they finally work.

Just thought I'd share incase anyone else had this problem. Thanks again for the help!
    I hope someone can help me. I installed the Verizon GPS patch and now it will not remove or update. When I try to go to Tweaks in Web OS Quick install it wants to update the patch but gets the IPKG error unreserved patch detected. iI also does it in Preware. Any Ideas...OS 1.4.5.
    ALERT Zombie Thread ALERT!!!!

dpstk78 I'd suggest starting a new thread with your question maybe a title along the lines of GPS Patch Problems or something to that effect. I don't know the answer for you sorry.