1.    #1  
    Dunno what's wrong, using 1.4 Pre+ and put it in airplane mode with 100% on the battery last night.

Woke up to a dead phone - totally discharged. Are there any known bugs out there with 1.4 that cause a battery drain - any rogue apps?

Only new app I installed compared to 2 days ago when I was running 1.35 is "myFlashlight" but am not using that app.

Any advice would be well thanked!
    i had this same problem yesterday. my phone was just sitting in my pocket and started getting really hot and died within 2 hours. the bad part was I was on a trip heading back so i couldn't text anyone without fearing my phone would die. i think it was just my really thick coat pockets making the phone really hot and draining the battery. airplane mode didn't help much at all...
  3.    #3  
    Nickel, sorry to hear that you're in my boat. Are you running any "funky" apps that you can think of?

I don't have any tethering apps (which I have heard cause battery drain).
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Happened to my Pre one time ... seemed like WiFi got stuck somehow, phone got really hot and the charger could barely keep up with the battery use. A complete re-boot (battery pull) fixed mine.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks but the other post doesn't really address my issue.

I drained like mad in Airplane mode with wifi disabled.
    same problem here with one of our 4 pre's - changing to a seidio 1350 didn't help, the phone goes dead overnight even in airplane mode (Sprint 1.4.1.1). +Preware...maybe some process got stuck

Will try doctoring it.
    Well uits a problem with all phones not just the + the pixi and + and Pre and + all do this idk but i hope hp fixs it
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    same problem here with one of our 4 pre's - changing to a seidio 1350 didn't help, the phone goes dead overnight even in airplane mode (Sprint 1.4.1.1). +Preware...maybe some process got stuck

Will try doctoring it.
    Doctoring it helped - now minimal drain if in airplaine mode (I think 5% per 12 hrs is what is reported elsewhere). Had a strange problem though where the memory was still full (read only errors in WebOSQI and apps wouldn't download/save) after doctoring it (since doctoring doesn't do a full erase). Worse yet ,the device wouldn't fully erase using the device info --> reset options.

After several more doctorings, found the solution. Hooked up to PC in USB mode. Then I came up with the idea to just "format" the drive that shows up in windows! That worked, except now some applications wouldn't launch and files were missing, so I doctored it one more time and now it works just like new!

Wierd but maybe this will help someone out.
    You must have had some disobedient process or service going crazy under the hood.
    Glad you fixed it anyhow.
    I wonder if some patch isn't borking the kernel as lately this issue is coming up a lot in the forums (had it myself on my pre+ 1.4.5)
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus