Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    It was originally happening with Preware, but I uninstalled it yesterday. Now, even after taking out the battery for 5 minutes, I'm getting the "Memory critical, too many cards" message on startup and the phone is unresponsive...I can't even enter my PIN to get to the desktop after the error shows. Anyone have a solution that doesn't involve erasing data? Really frustrating!!! :-(

Thanks!
    Palm Pre owner...for now, at least. :-p
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    It's working now after about 5 attempts of taking out battery and restarting...may have been caused by an failed install of the "Chuck Norriss" app, as the first message I saw upon the 5th restart was something like "Installation failed: Chuck Norriss". I think he roundhouse kicked my phone from several states away. :-p
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I got the "Critical Memory, too many Cards" which is puzzling for me...

I only have a few approved apps, never had any "homebrew" installed, and 3.6G of memory available. With Photo apps opened, I was viewing (side swipes) my pictures and I get the above message. The viewer starts to slow down by the 50th. picture, the error message comes up and then it freezes! I only have the Photo card opened...it seems like there is a limit allocated to a particular app since I have 3.6G to use.

I guess I have to close the apps and reopen again. Otherwise it freezes and I have to reboot...not good.
    do a forum search for " fix to many cards error" and you'll find your fix for this issue .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Mine is stuck in that state despite multiple battery removals.....damn
    I've had about six of these in today for me to repair. Ugh. The only way I was able to get around it is to downgrade the software back to 1.3.5 and then upgrade to 1.4 again. :/
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I just used WebOS Doctor...all good now. Too bad File Coaster is still down though.