1.    #1  
    Any update on a app or patch that will allow us to use our Pre as a voice recorder?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $SDK$ $still$ $doesn$'$t$ $provide$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $mic$, $so$ $no$ $one$ $can$ $yet$ $develop$ $that$ $sort$ $of$ $app$. $I$'$m$ $hoping$ $Palm$ $will$ $release$ $a$ $new$ $SDK$ $on$ $the$ $heels$ $of$ $1$.$4$ $to$ $add$ $this$ ... $since$ $we$ $now$ $have$ $video$ $recording$ $and$ $that$ $includes$ $sound$. $Either$ $that$ $or$ $maybe$ $the$ $PDK$ $will$ $include$ $it$.

This is still the main thing I'm looking forward to. I'm usually really patient for new features, but it's pretty odd that you can't access the mic on a *phone* fer goodness sake!
    You already can. The video recording update to the camera works as an audio recorder as well. Just never mind the pics you get.
    +1, looking for a callrec type of app for recording 30-60 min talks
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity - Since we get sound recording with the new video recorder portion of the camera app, I wonder if there is something in there that someone could leverage? Unless it's useless because it's being exported as the video/audio file together rather than a single audio? Just a thought.
    Whenever I need something like this - a audio memo to myself or something - I just call my Google Voice number, leave myself voicemail, which Google Voice even transcribes for me (though not all that well - they need to work on that).
    Well, looks like still no mic API in the 1.4 SDK (new front page article). Arghh!! Keep our fingers crossed for the PDK release in March.
    Before OS 1.4, there was a homebrew video recording app that had in the preferences menu options to select the type of recording. Besides mp4 and mpg, you could also select mp3 audio-only (...or maybe it was aac). I don't think I actually tried it (the audio-only selection), but ,assuming it was there for a good reason, the developer of that app may already have our answer.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc