1.    #1  
    Ever since I did the 1.4 update, I can no longer size my document files.

I have tried word, ppt, xcel, and pdf files. They open and I can move from one page to the next - but I can not resize them (zoom in or out).

I can size using the web browser - so it is not systemic to all phone usage.

Anyone have a similar problem or know a fix?
    have you tried double tapping or just pinch to zoom? Double tapping resizes it but mine will no longer pinch zoom either.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Same here, looks like pinch zoom broke. Boo!
    Same. No pinch zoom for docs or PDF's. I REALLY hope there is a fix soon. I need it!
  5.    #5  
    I should have clarified... the 'pinch to zoom' is not working in any of my document views (word, ppt, xcl, pdf). The 'double tap' is working.

Also, I can not get any of the pdf patches (pdf redux, pdf landscape) to install/work.

Between not being able to landscape my pdf files and not controlling the zoom via 'pinch', it is a considerable drop in utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by A10Pilot View Post
    Between not being able to landscape my pdf files and not controlling the zoom via 'pinch', it is a considerable drop in utility.
    Agreed!
    Same here. Geez...this is a bad one for me.

ETA: It does look I can double-tap to get some zoom to work but it's unpredictable as to what zoom level or direction I will get.
    Last edited by Avenger069; 03/01/2010 at 09:52 AM.
    This is bad...I thought it was just me, why did they remove that!
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Same problem here...no pinch to zoom anymore :-( I have a make my Word docs in 18 point font to be able to read them now.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, i couldnt find it i did a search nothing came up...If a pdf is attached in a meeting request it does not allow you to view the attachment on your calendar...does anyone know a work around it or how to fix it please..i use calendar through microsoft exchange..thnks.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    anyone with an answer to the above issue?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have the same zoom proble. Also if I le d file open and go do something else on the phone or if I let the screen turn off, I can't move the image around anymore. It would freeze to what ever part I was look at last.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lfang View Post
    I have the same zoom proble. Also if I le d file open and go do something else on the phone or if I let the screen turn off, I can't move the image around anymore. It would freeze to what ever part I was look at last.
    +1
    You guys are right. I didn't even realize that multi touch was gone. This is ridiculous! We will probably never get editing from Dataviz just due to the fact that Palm is doing so poorly financially. Dataviz keeps pushing the date back, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have scrapped the whole project and started focusing their efforts on Android and iPhone. If Palm doesn't push out an update soon I will have to switch to a phone that can handle Office Docs properly.
    Me too. Nearly lost my sight trying to read a PDF of London Underground map today. Hope there's a fix soon.

Getting document render failed message when trying to open larger PDF file of same underground map.
    WebOS 1.4.1. addresses this issue. Updating to this version should resolve the problem. Please report back if 1.4.1. does not resolve the issue for you.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    My phone just completed the 1.4.1.1 update and I am still having this problem. I am able to zoom by using a double tap but not by the pinch method.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    well for me the multi touch method works just fine now. However, I still have the issue where if I let the screen turn off when I turn it back on the pdf file it's lock on the to the last part of the file I was looking at. All it does is if I try to move or change pages it load.