1.    #1  
    im stuck in the downloading feeds information screen...it has not gone any further than that for two nights and now this morning...anyone have this issue?
    have you rebooted your phone at all?
    Same (sort of). Rebooting didn't work for me. I used WebOS Quick Install to uninstall and reinstall Preware & Package Manager.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snooneko View Post
    Same (sort of). Rebooting didn't work for me. I used WebOS Quick Install to uninstall and reinstall Preware & Package Manager.
    I'm thinking of doing the same since I haven't been able to get my feeds to load since upgrading to webOS 1.4. Does uninstalling then reinstalling Preware wipe out its memory of what you have installed? Were you able to connect to your feeds after reinstalling? Thanks in advance.
    Did you take your phone back out of developer mode?

For what its worth I disabled several of the feeds, there are a lot of them now and I think it really slows down and sometimes stalls my phone when its updating the feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanbo View Post
    I'm thinking of doing the same since I haven't been able to get my feeds to load since upgrading to webOS 1.4. Does uninstalling then reinstalling Preware wipe out its memory of what you have installed? Were you able to connect to your feeds after reinstalling? Thanks in advance.
    It seems to have remembered most, but not all. Random. And yes, feeds are working fine now.

Regarding disabling feeds, like leftyman said. I tried that too. I don't think that was the issue.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ^ thanks for the reply; I'm going to reinstall since it worked for you.
    ^ i had to go into preferences and i changed it to manually update feeds, this allowed me to enter preware and install my updates, after that i changed it back to once a day and it downloaded the feeds and i was good to go. but this was sat morning when the traffic on the preware server was up.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    ^ i had to go into preferences and i changed it to manually update feeds, this allowed me to enter preware and install my updates, after that i changed it back to once a day and it downloaded the feeds and i was good to go. but this was sat morning when the traffic on the preware server was up.
    nothing is working for me..im going to try this ^

And i know everybodys talking about the use of flash...what was the statement made by palm? searching around online it seems ppl have varying stories on this issue...i was looking forward to that more than a video camera...sry the phone should have already had that.
    I was having trouble getting PreWare to load to but the method above allowed me to get in. However I can't update a single patch. It gives an error on every single one and says to check the IPK log. I turned devmode off and on and rebooted and it just won't allow the patches to install. Any advice out there? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by danicus007 View Post
    I was having trouble getting PreWare to load to but the method above allowed me to get in. However I can't update a single patch. It gives an error on every single one and says to check the IPK log. I turned devmode off and on and rebooted and it just won't allow the patches to install. Any advice out there? Thanks.
    yeah it was a temp fix for me, and i was able to update on 2/27 but haven't been able to update feeds since.... I keep getting stuck at downloading feed informaiton and then evetually it throws an error.

hmm rather strange, i took my phone off of wifi and was able to update my feeds just now... w/e i don't get it lol idk if it's related to my wifi connection or maybe they have a filter here that didn't let me through, i'm at work now so maybe that's it.

I just installed the newest version of Package Manger and Preware and it still gives an error trying to update patches. Could this be because most of my patches were installed with Quick Install? Preware won't even remove a patch for me, just says read the error log and there's nothing useful in the log for me.
    good question, i've never used Quick Install, i always thought it to be a pain in the ****, but here's a bump in hopes that someone who uses QI will reply.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Well, after following 05's directions about going into Preferences and changed the update to Manual I was able to get into Preware. Now I am having the same problem dani is. Throwing out errors and check the ipk log.
    Wowzers!

*EDIT*
    Now everything is working. Updated Preware>Package Manager and then all my patches. Maybe the WiFi was not necessary. Turned it of like 05 and all is now well.
    Last edited by spewak; 03/01/2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Fixed
    Someone posted up another solution in this thread which seemed to work for some people.

Problem with Preware app

I just uninstalled Preware and reinstalled it through WebOSQuickInstall and everything works fine for me now.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30 View Post
    I just uninstalled Preware and reinstalled it through WebOSQuickInstall and everything works fine for me now.
    Same here. I was able to use the "update all" option to update all my patches and it seems most everything works as well as it did before.

On a side note my battery life seems to have improved significantly with webOS 1.4. That, plus video capture/edit/share, plus all my patches now working well = I'm a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Did you take your phone back out of developer mode?

For what its worth I disabled several of the feeds, there are a lot of them now and I think it really slows down and sometimes stalls my phone when its updating the feeds.
    I'm the deepest shade of green a noob can be.

I am having same problem, stuck on "downloading feed info"; it says Downloading and gets stuck at: ipkg.preware.org/feed/palm-catalog/Prackages.gz I tried disabling each feed one by one but am not sure if I have to restart after disabling or not. Anyone got a suggestion?

Why would getting out of developer mode make a difference? And if I uninstall preware does it wipe out my patches? If so, is there an easy way to recover? Any help is appreciated.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by pink soul View Post

I'm the deepest shade of green a noob can be.

I am having same problem, stuck on "downloading feed info"; it says Downloading and gets stuck at: ipkg.preware.org/feed/palm-catalog/Prackages.gz I tried disabling each feed one by one but am not sure if I have to restart after disabling or not. Anyone got a suggestion?

Why would getting out of developer mode make a difference? And if I uninstall preware does it wipe out my patches? If so, is there an easy way to recover? Any help is appreciated.

i got mine going by changing it to update feeds manually only. should go thru without issue once you do that.

Open preware> hit the drop down button...(top left)>preferences...and update feeds...try that.
    Your tip worked. Gracias!