Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After 1.4 the Multi Mod patch does not work, I cannot find GDial anywhere, how do I listen to my Google VM on my Pre?
    click on the link in the e-mail you get from Google Voice. The link started working a while ago.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    You can download GDialPro free in the app catalog, once you sign in to it, you can go to the Voicemail tab and click on the message and listen to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    After 1.4 the Multi Mod patch does not work, I cannot find GDial anywhere, how do I listen to my Google VM on my Pre?
    Just dial your google number from your phone. Too bad we can't (easily) reprogram the voicemail button on the phone to do that.

That said, **** google voice. The lack of control over it is appalling. I can't remember how many times it has gone to voice without even ringing my damned phones. I'd rather it go to the voice mail of my choosing, and DISABLE google's lame attempt.
    I second dutchman71's motion.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    the visual voicemail app is still be available in the app catalog. as of yesterday, i could still use visual voicemail to get my gv vm.

Visual Voicemail
    ---
    ---

launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

twitter / posterous
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    You can download GDialPro free in the app catalog, once you sign in to it, you can go to the Voicemail tab and click on the message and listen to it.
    I thought gDial Pro was dead? Their website says they are inactive and returning the money to those who subscribed.

Welcome to gDial Pro!!
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane View Post
    the visual voicemail app is still be available in the app catalog. as of yesterday, i could still use visual voicemail to get my gv vm.

Visual Voicemail
    Visual VM never works for me, I enter my user name and password and nothing shows, any ideas why?
  9.    #9  
    anyone has the link to gDial? I cannot find it in the app catalog
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    anyone has the link to gDial? I cannot find it in the app catalog
    According to the gDial pro website the app is inactive. Anyone who subscribed can contact them to get a refund.
    I just set up my "g" key as a shortcut to my google voice number, and listen that way. I don't miss so many calls that visual voicemail is a priority.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I just set up my "g" key as a shortcut to my google voice number, and listen that way. I don't miss so many calls that visual voicemail is a priority.
    Can you give me a quick hint on how you set up your "g" key to accomplish this?

Thanks.
    Jesus the uncreated creator - All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. (John 1:3 NWT)

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > PPC6800 > Touch Diamond > Palm Pre > HTC EVO
    Shh, don't tell anyone
    -Change the .jar extension to .ipk after you download it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    OK. This is weird. Visual Voicemail no longer shows up when browsing the App Catalog. I can install it if I go directly to it via the link http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...sual-voicemail but otherwise it is not there. Anyone else running into this issue or know what is up?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    OK. This is weird. Visual Voicemail no longer shows up when browsing the App Catalog. I can install it if I go directly to it via the link http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...sual-voicemail but otherwise it is not there. Anyone else running into this issue or know what is up?
    When you try to install it it says the application is not available. gDial has removed their app's from the catalog and are currently inactive. Official message from gDial is as follows:

gDial is currently inactive! If you purchased a subscription we will be refunding and crediting your account in the next day. It became increasingly difficult to support gDial with the ongoing changes at Google and Palm. We loved creating something that so many users really enjoyed using when it worked well.

Guess they just couldn't keep it going. Too bad because I really liked it.

Oh the link to their site is here, Welcome to gDial Pro!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    When you try to install it it says the application is not available. gDial has removed their app's from the catalog and are currently inactive...

Guess they just couldn't keep it going. Too bad because I really liked it.

Oh the link to their site is here, Welcome to gDial Pro!!
    I posted the program, a little above your post. If you know how to install an .ipk file on WebOS Quick Install and know how to download a file and change the extension you could be using it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    When you try to install it it says the application is not available. gDial has removed their app's from the catalog and are currently inactive. Official message from gDial is as follows:

gDial is currently inactive! If you purchased a subscription we will be refunding and crediting your account in the next day. It became increasingly difficult to support gDial with the ongoing changes at Google and Palm. We loved creating something that so many users really enjoyed using when it worked well.
    If you look at my post again I am talking about the Visual Voicemail app, not gDial Pro. Yes gDial Pro is not available but you can still install Visual Voicemail (made by the same guy that made gDial Pro) if you go to the link in my post. BUT the app does not show up when browsing or searching the catalog.

Visual Voicemail only does voicemail which is what the original poster was asking about.
    The mobile site works pretty well.. I just miss gdial pro because it was a central place to send text msgs, check vmail, etc... for you GV # only.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandizy View Post
    The mobile site works pretty well.. I just miss gdial pro because it was a central place to send text msgs, check vmail, etc... for you GV # only.
    The new version of the mobile site isn't working well for me. Some messages that are transcribed on the full site say "no transcript available" on mobile, and there isn't any "play" button to listen to messages. If I go back to the OLD mobile site, it looks cruder, but I see all my transcripts and there is a play link that seems to work.

The online help for the new mobile site says the play button is on the "floaty bar", but I don't see the bar shown in the illustration there. Is this showing up for anyone?
    I can't seem to see how to listen to voice mail through the mobile site. What am I missing?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast