Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I can't seem to see how to listen to voice mail through the mobile site. What am I missing?
    This new site isn't working for me either. I suspect it's something our browser isn't supporting; the online help shows the play button on something called a "floaty bar", which isn't showing up for me.

FWIW, the OLD version seems to work fine, although not as pretty to look at. Look for a tiny line at the bottom of the new site.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    When you try to install it it says the application is not available. gDial has removed their app's from the catalog and are currently inactive. Official message from gDial is as follows:

gDial is currently inactive! If you purchased a subscription we will be refunding and crediting your account in the next day. It became increasingly difficult to support gDial with the ongoing changes at Google and Palm. We loved creating something that so many users really enjoyed using when it worked well.

Guess they just couldn't keep it going. Too bad because I really liked it.

Oh the link to their site is here, Welcome to gDial Pro!!
    Interesting...I still have the app downloaded and refreshes when I get a new voicemail, just tested it out. I only use it for voicemail so not sure if it will continue to work going forward but it is working at the moment.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I'd love to find the visual voicemail app to download again. after web doctoring I'm SOL on checking gvoice voicemail from the phone. Their mobile site kinda stinks. No way to listen. Their visual voicemail app worked well.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    YouView our visual voicemail app now supports Google Voice. Setup instructions are here: http://forums.precentral.net/syntact...tructions.html. The instructions may seem a bit confusing we are still clarifying them based on user feedback so if you need help let us know.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    no offense to you guys as it's a great effort and all, but does anyone think it's ridiculous to have to use two additional phone numbers and a 3rd party app just to get visual voicemail on a phone with a brand spanking new OS that is supposed to be top notch?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Thanks to you guys I downloaded the visual voiicemail app from the guys who made gDial. Found it in myappbox.com. Works great and you can hear the voicemail through the app. Here's the link: http://www.myappbox.com/appLink/com....sualvoicemail/

Hopefully it will stay working. I did find it a bit of a battery hog but it works great.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    you can change the updates to manual and just update when you get a text transcription if that doesn't suffice. Should help with the battery.

Weird how the app is in the market with that link, but you can't search the store and find it. I was actually using gDialPro for VV when I couldn't download VV again after seeing the doctor.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    you can change the updates to manual and just update when you get a text transcription if that doesn't suffice. Should help with the battery.

Weird how the app is in the market with that link, but you can't search the store and find it. I was actually using gDialPro for VV when I couldn't download VV again after seeing the doctor.
    I tried to change the updates frequency but it doesn't have a manual choice. Only gives you 5min, 15, 30, and 1 hour. guess I'll just disable it at night so it doesn't needlessly drain the battery.
    ahh...just doubled checked on the reinstall. gDialPro has the manual option but not VV. Can't imagine once an hour though would be any great drain on the battery, especially at night when most people are charging it on their nightstand. I say most. Might not be you in that group.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    If you look at my post again I am talking about the Visual Voicemail app, not gDial Pro. Yes gDial Pro is not available but you can still install Visual Voicemail (made by the same guy that made gDial Pro) if you go to the link in my post. BUT the app does not show up when browsing or searching the catalog.

Visual Voicemail only does voicemail which is what the original poster was asking about.
    So you (or maybe the OP) doesn't want a program that does everything that they're asking for because it does has additional features like transcription (admittedly not great but you can get the jest)?!?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    ahh...just doubled checked on the reinstall. gDialPro has the manual option but not VV. Can't imagine once an hour though would be any great drain on the battery, especially at night when most people are charging it on their nightstand. I say most. Might not be you in that group.
    Yea it was weird, went from in the 70's to the 30's overnight. One thing that may have happened is I have the wifi set to off when the phones asleep so maybe there was a bad signal while the phone was in my closet. I'll try setting the wifi back to on all the time to see if there still is a drain overnight.
    transcription isn't a feature of the VV program, it's a gvoice feature and can be transcribed for free and sent to you as a text message which is independent of the program one uses on their phone. So what's the point of your post again? To knock a guy for wanting a simple program for visual voicemail that is free and only requires google voice and not google voice and another voice mail program and phone number which on its own doesn't offer free text transcription.

Sorry, what was your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So you (or maybe the OP) doesn't want a program that does everything that they're asking for because it does has additional features like transcription (admittedly not great but you can get the jest)?!?
    I'd love to find the visual voicemail app to download again. after web doctoring I'm SOL on checking gvoice voicemail from the phone. Their mobile site kinda stinks. No way to listen. Their visual voicemail app worked well.
    I can just click on the link in the email I get from gmail, it plays out the speaker but I think they all do that. Does this not work for you?
    don't use gmail. don't care to. have enough email accounts as it is. Actually found downloads for both gdialpro and visual voicemail, so I'm back in business. I do get SMS transcriptions and 7 out of 10 times I get the gist of the voicemail and don't need to audibly check it. Though one of my reps has a new name given to him by the gvoice transcription. His new name is now Keith Courage. Which is quite funny because he was at one point the World's strongest man. It was a good laugh reading that transcription and then hearing the voicemail.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    OK. This is weird. Visual Voicemail no longer shows up when browsing the App Catalog. I can install it if I go directly to it via the link http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...sual-voicemail but otherwise it is not there. Anyone else running into this issue or know what is up?
    Thanks, this work for me. I was bummed cause i doctored my phone & it didn't re-installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    YouView our visual voicemail app now supports Google Voice. Setup instructions are here: http://forums.precentral.net/syntact...tructions.html. The instructions may seem a bit confusing we are still clarifying them based on user feedback so if you need help let us know.
    its not FREE so... its useless to me

I am all about free - sorry but I grew up with napster and thats just how I am, if I can get something free weather its legal or not I will do it
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Im new to this forum. Just has the Palm Pre a couple of weeks now and still getting used to it after coming from the Samsung Instinct.

What I really liked on the Instinct was the Sprint enhanced voicemail which was so easy to use........push the button and the message plays over the speakerphone.

So since the Palm Pre doesnt have this I got Google visual voicemail hoping this would be similar or better. Well so far I havent been too happy with it.
    Big hassle to use. Most of the time the translations are all wrong and unreadable. So then you have to listen to the audio to get the message.
    Sometimes that works sometimes it doesnt. There are little blue words under the translation that read "listen to message" but it is very small and hard to get it to work. Many times I have to go to my computer and listen to the message with the computer. So it should be a simple thing that has turned complicated. In my mind the Google visual is a great idea but it needs work.

So I notice you have mentioned some applications that might work. Do I just leave the Google voicmail installled and use these applications with it? Im like the last poster I really dont want to pay for applications either.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    am i the only one who can just click the link in the gmail email I receive when some one leaves me a voicemail?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I actually just downloaded gdial pro from myappbox.com and it works better than their visual voicemail app. It has the option to get voicemails manually which has dramatically helped battery life especially when the phone is idle.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
    its not FREE so... its useless to me

I am all about free - sorry but I grew up with napster and thats just how I am, if I can get something free weather its legal or not I will do it
    Ahhhh, a thief. I hope you don't live in my neighborhood. Watch out for that Karma thing.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast