Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So this was my first morning using the alarm clock feature since the 1.4 update and I had some issues.

First, my alarm was set for 6:00 a.m., but it went off at 5:58 for some reason. I dismissed the alarm thinking that maybe there was some kind of a conflict between the network time and the local time, but then it went off again at 6:00 a.m.

Second, the screen lock now overrides the alarm so I had to move the slider before it would give me access to turn off the alarm. This is not how it worked before, and it was pretty annoying.

I might turn off network time tomorrow and see if that helps at all, but I'm a bit concerned about relying on this alarm right now. Anyone else have problems today?
    Mine went off on time as expected this morning. I believe I turned mine off without having to unlock the phone first. I'm not 100% sure though since when I wake up I'm essentially on auto pilot for the first bit.
    Try one of the alarm apps to compare with the issue you had today.
    That might narrow down the timing problem at least.
    Hmm, I have always had to unlock the screen before being able to turn off the alarm, and based on other posts that I've seen, so have many others. The only time you don't have to unlock is if you're charging or if the slider is open. Otherwise, it's unlock, then snooze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Hmm, I have always had to unlock the screen before being able to turn off the alarm, and based on other posts that I've seen, so have many others. The only time you don't have to unlock is if you're charging or if the slider is open. Otherwise, it's unlock, then snooze.
    Mine is always charging at night so that would explain the difference. I never noticed I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Same here... I've always had to unlock it before I can snooze or dismiss. My solution? I hit one of the volume keys on the side to silence the sound, and then unlock to choose whether to snooze or dismiss... makes it a little easier than have the alarm constantly yelling at you while you are unlocking and then making your choice...
    After the upgrade, my alarms were all set to off and the wrong times/names/ringers. Had to re-create.
    Strange, I experienced something similar. My alarm was set for 3:00 am, but it went off at 2:58. My lock screen worked as it typically does, had to unlock to dismiss the alarm.

I turned the alarm off so it would not go off again at 3:00, tomorrow I won't turn the alarm off so as to see if it goes off twice too.
    My alarm didnt' go off (but i've had that happen before and i just have to make sure the alarm icon is in the notification bar).

So not sure if they are related.
  10.    #10  
    My dog unplugged my charger, so that explains issue #2!

I still don't understand why the alarm sounded two minutes early, though.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I have never had to unlock the screen to snooze or dismiss an alarm.

But first alarm after 1.4 this morning never sounded, but did cause
    the phone to reboot. That's new, and very annoying.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I have never had to unlock the screen to snooze or dismiss an alarm.

But first alarm after 1.4 this morning never sounded, but did cause
    the phone to reboot. That's new, and very annoying.

ian
    Same here, never had to unlock anything before. now the lock screen is there and prevents the dismiss or snooze choice.
    also my alarm didn't work this morning, but other trials worked during the day.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I wonder if your phone rebooted for the first alarm this morning like mine did.
    And yes I tried other tests and they're fine now. We'll see what happens
    tomorrow morning.

ian
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonol2 View Post
    Same here... I've always had to unlock it before I can snooze or dismiss. My solution? I hit one of the volume keys on the side to silence the sound, and then unlock to choose whether to snooze or dismiss... makes it a little easier than have the alarm constantly yelling at you while you are unlocking and then making your choice...
    that made me chuckle cuz i imagined when i first wake up how much it annoys me. thanks for the tip
    Yep,. I also had my FIRST alarm of the day go off twice, just two minutes apart, the second time just a few minutes after I had dismissed the first (didn't notice if it was early, but it might have been).

Subsequent alarms so far today have rung normally and only once. Have not changed or adjusted anything since, so we'll see how tomorrow goes.
    I have mine on the Touchstone overnight, and I still have to unlock first before dismissing or snoozing...
    Quote Originally Posted by krypticide View Post
    I have mine on the Touchstone overnight, and I still have to unlock first before dismissing or snoozing...
    Me too..
    Wish there was a way around this, but its not like Ive done any research into this. I haven't seen any patch for this.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    both of our Pre's here ring twice on the first alarm since the update...2 min does sound correct..
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I normally have two alarms. One that goes off every weekday morning
    and another I set for individual events.
    I woke up this morning to find both their alarm names reset to default,
    both turned off, and set to 11am.

I'm a bit mystified as to how it's possible to mess up functionality as
    simple as this.

ian
    I've never had to unlock to dismiss, or hit snooze. My pre sits on the touch stone all night.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast