Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros746 View Post
    Joseph,
    Thanks for your continued help. I'm sorry I'm being dense but I'm afraid I'm a bit lost. Do you mean that I have to move the files using a Linux command prompt? Or is there a GUI way of doing it.
    The easiest way IMO of moving files to the Linux folders on WebOS is to use the WebOS Quick Install Program (or WOSQI). Under the Tools menu there's a "Send File" option that lets you place a file anywhere on Pre/Pixi.
    Thanks for the input Davis. I did try doing it that way.....but it didn't fix the problem. Which either means that my problem is unfixable this way, or that somehow I typed the wrong address (I cut and pasted what was listed earlier in the post though....) and it's sitting somewhere in the wrong folder on my Palm.....hmmmmm. Is there some specific format I'm missing for typing in the folder address?

Thanks,
    Mark
    The way I fixed it was this.

1.) Connect the phone via USB and choose USB Drive
    2.) drag and drop the files over
    3.) use terminal to novaterm to my device
    4.) Once on the device i did sudo cp /media/internal/files /usr/lib/luna/luna-media-shim
    Joseph Crawford
    WebOS Tutorials / Information
    http://www.josephcrawford.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros746 View Post
    Thanks for the input Davis. I did try doing it that way.....but it didn't fix the problem. Which either means that my problem is unfixable this way, or that somehow I typed the wrong address (I cut and pasted what was listed earlier in the post though....) and it's sitting somewhere in the wrong folder on my Palm.....hmmmmm.
    I think there's actually a typo in folder in the instructions from drnull. If you copy it from there it reads:

/usr/lib/luna-luna-media-shim

I believe the actual folder is:

/usr/lib/luna/luna-media-shim

You also will probably need to re-start your phone after adding the 3 files and css folder.

Hope that helps ...
    Hey guys,
    Thanks so much for sticking with me. Davis, I will send the three files using the 'send' option in quickinstall and see what happens. But is there anyway to send a folder using the same method? I know I can send the file in the css folder....but if the css folder doesn't exist in my phone to begin with it won't work. I may just send the other three files and the file IN the css folder and see what happens.

Thanks again,
    Mark
    Well, sent the files via the 'send' function of Quickinstall....then reset. No love. Then did a battery remove reset....no love. Actually, weirdly, all of my apps disappeared. Then I reset again and they were all back. Weird.......
    So Joseph, if I root my Pre and type in the command you suggested that will move the files in question from the root USB menu of the Pre to the proper places for those files? Do I need to worry if I've added any other folders to the root of the USB drive? I think I added a 'ebooks' folder and a 'videos' folder.

Thanks again,
    Mark
    Okay, so the latest is as follows. Using Internalz, I was able to navigate into the palm folder and find that the files I sent via Quickinstall were in the place I intended (unless there were broken files of the same size there before). After a reboot Pandora still is not functional. Boo. I guess I'll have to wait until the next Palm Patch....if that doesn't fix it, I guess it's web doctor for me. Any other fixing suggestions are welcome.

Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Mark
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ok I got a question I have a refurb i got yesterday I updated lastnight. no patchs,themes or apps added my radio time worked this morning now it dont i then uploaded slacker as well as a few others and none work. pulled the battery and all that other good stuff with no luck. any clues how this could have happen to a virgin phone?
    I tried doing this, and it didn't work. And now, WebOS Quick Install doesn't recognize that a device is connected. ***?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    bump! Any advise?
    So my latest strategy after trying (to no avail) to use Webosrepair to fix the issue was to delete this folder:

/usr/lib/luna/luna-media-shim

Using Quickinstall and then try Webosrepair again. Now Sprint TV works, as does listening to ring tone previews. But streaming audio apps like Pandora still don't work. Any one have any other suggestions of folders I can delete and then restore to fix the issue? I'm really trying to avoid visiting the doctor....there MUST be a way to fix this. But if it isn't fixed after the next patch, and I haven't figured out a way to do it myself, I'll go through the doctor.

Thanks again,
    hope this helps some people.

Mark
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234