Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Why are people so reluctant to doctor? I'd much rather do that than spend hours on the phone. Signing back into your profile essentially restores your apps, info, etc. You only lose patches, which were probably the source of the problem anyway...
  2.    #42  
    I seem to have fixed my issues with the streaming audio and sprint TV. Here is what ended up working for me.

I Doctored it back to version 1.3.5.1, logged into my profile and reset everything back to pre-update. I tested all of my apps and everything worked perfect again.

I then ran the update again. When the updated completed, none of my apps were available. Sprint TV worked, I had all of my calendar, contacts, memos.

I tried to manually add Pandora back from the App Catalog and received an error that I had too many apps and had no space available. I actually had almost 7 GB available at the time. SO.... I went to Reset Options and selected Delete Apps and Data. After this completed, I signed back in to my profile and all of my apps were back.

I tested my streaming apps and all worked.

Hope this helps some people with this issue.
    How do I go back to 1.3.5.1?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Linecook View Post
    How do I go back to 1.3.5.1?
    Using WebOS Doctor for that release version.
    Reinstalling Pandora actually worked for me.
    I'm back!
    The only issues I had was with streaming music apps and Sprint TV. I never had an issue with any streaming music apps until after the 1.4 upgrade. I haven't added any music to it yet but I think I will just hold off doing that until I have doctor do it's magic first. I am not home now but when I get home I will back up my important files and see if the doctor can fix the problem. I already tried the remove the battery trick trick and I will try the remove and install the app trick and hope it works. I hope I don't see more of the same crap with the next upgrade.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Anyone who is having this issue: I was chatting with dbeta and we found that his Pre didn't have the /usr/lib/luna/luna-media-shim/media.jsjsjs $file$. $This$ $file$ $is$ $necessary$ $as$ $it$ $is$ $the$ $piece$ $that$ $translates$ $all$ $the$ $webOS$ $1$.$3$.$5$ $media$ $api$ $calls$ $to$ $the$ $webOS$ $1$.$4$ $media$ $api$ $calls$.

If your Pre doesn't have /usr/lib/luna/luna-media-shim/media.jsjsjs, $then$ $you$ $will$ $likely$ $have$ $to$ $webosDoctor$ $unless$ $Palm$ $can$ $fix$ $this$ $issue$ $for$ $you$ ($not$ $to$ $mention$ $figure$ $out$ $why$ $in$ $the$ $world$ $some$ $people$'$s$ $Pre$'$s$ $didn$'$t$ $update$ $properly$).

The only oddity that dbeta reported is that his update failed a couple times and he had to reboot and start it over.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I can play streaming apps like Pandora / Radiotime etc. after the update.
    However I am unable to stream audio directly from web pages. Any fixes or suggestions for this would be welcome. My wife is having the exact same issues and her Pre has no patches installed.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    If your Pre doesn't have /usr/lib/luna/luna-media-shim/media.jsjsjs, $then$ $you$ $will$ $likely$ $have$ $to$ $webosDoctor$ $unless$ $Palm$ $can$ $fix$ $this$ $issue$ $for$ $you$ ($not$ $to$ $mention$ $figure$ $out$ $why$ $in$ $the$ $world$ $some$ $people$'$s$ $Pre$'$s$ $didn$'$t$ $update$ $properly$).

Thanks drnull! Even though I already did one Doctor, I did another and now things are peachy! I know you're going to put this on the App store soon, but I was wondering whether you preferred donations for the HB version, or a purchase through the store? And I guess the real question is your anticipated pricing, because in that case I'm likely to do both.
    all my streaming music apps worked just fine after 1.4, my only problem was the volume bug. i doctored to 1.2xx(that's the only WEDOS doctor i have) and the volume bug is gone now, but now i have the same problem as some of you, after updating to 1.4 i cant stream any music apps anymore. i listen to music everyday(Mon-Fri) at work, i deleted itunes off my computer so slacker, pando, etc. were all i had now i have nothing.
    This just happened to me. I was on a phone call and when I hung up (I was in the car), I put it on the TS, plugged in my aux jack and opened Slacker.
    Nothing.
    Tried Pandora, got the loading screen.
    Tries music remix, nothing.
    Tried Radio Time
    I had to go in a store and when I got back in the car, the phone was dead. I held the power button for a few seconds and it finally rebooted.
    Still, no streaming or music, just system sounds.
    So I'm trying another reboot.
    And it worked.
    Phew!!!
    I had the issue with Pandora where it would freeze on the player screen. Other streaming apps would also not work.
    I did the following to get it to work:
    1: Turn off backups
    2: Do a full erase
    3: Then run web doctor
    I had same problem with drPodder not playing anything on webOS 1.4.0. I just doctored again to 1.4.0 and problem solved. First 1.4.0 I had via OTA second I doctored via PC and working now.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    jcrawford was kind enough to try out a few things for me, and we fixed this issue for him without him having to doctor. Here are the steps you'll need to do:

1. Get the webOS doctor for 1.4.0 (Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals)
    2. get a program like 7zip (7-Zip) that can unzip .jar, .tar, and .gz files
    3. open webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar in 7zip using 7zip->open archive
    4. navigate to resources/webOS.tar/./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar/./usr/lib/luna/luna-media-shim
    5. Hilight the css folder and 3 .jsjsjs $files$ ($media$.$js$, $Audio$.$js$, $Video$.$js$)
    6. Click Extract
    7. Note the location, and click ok.
    8. Close 7-zip
    9. Open the location in step 7 where the folder and 3 files were saved.
    10. Get this folder and 3 files over to your Pre: put them all in /usr/lib/luna/luna-media-shim

After doing this, streaming audio should work fine. No one is sure why a small percentage of Pre's didn't update properly from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4. Well, no one that I've talked to is sure. But this should fix this particular problem. Who knows if there were other issues in the upgrade that haven't been uncovered yet...
    Last edited by drnull; 03/11/2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: ack! typo in last instruction
    I can attest it worked and I am so thankful for the steps above. I would not have figured this out on my own so a big thank you to drnull for providing the work around and allowing me to get my Pandora fix again
    Joseph Crawford
    WebOS Tutorials / Information
    http://www.josephcrawford.com/
    This is AMAZING news! I was just wondering how long I'd have to wait for Palm to fix this issue. I follow everything up until the step when I put the three files and folder onto the palm. What method do I use to do this? Waiting for this last step to fix my Pre.

Thanks SOOOOOO much,

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros746 View Post
    This is AMAZING news! I was just wondering how long I'd have to wait for Palm to fix this issue. I follow everything up until the step when I put the three files and folder onto the palm. What method do I use to do this? Waiting for this last step to fix my Pre.

Thanks SOOOOOO much,

Mark
    If you followed the directions above then all you should have to do is reboot your device to get the streaming apps back.
    Joseph Crawford
    The trouble is, there ARE no instructions as to how to get these files onto the Pre in the appropriate folder. I'm assuming it's not USB drag and drop because you can't 'see' those folders. I'm assuming it's something simple using Quickinstall or WebOSdoctor. Help? I'm really excited about gettting Pandora back.

Thanks in advance,
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros746 View Post
    The trouble is, there ARE no instructions as to how to get these files onto the Pre in the appropriate folder. I'm assuming it's not USB drag and drop because you can't 'see' those folders. I'm assuming it's something simple using Quickinstall or WebOSdoctor. Help? I'm really excited about gettting Pandora back.

Thanks in advance,
    Mark
    Mark,

You can infact drag them over with your phone connected in USB mode, however after that you will have to use novaterm to get root ssh on your device and move the files to the proper location as specified and then reboot the phone.

That's how I did it anyway. I don't have the ability to novaterm into my phone at work but I believe the files will be in /media/internal after you drag them over via USB.
    Joseph Crawford
    Joseph,
    Thanks for your continued help. I'm sorry I'm being dense but I'm afraid I'm a bit lost. Do you mean that I have to move the files using a Linux command prompt? Or is there a GUI way of doing it. I'm reading up on it, but I feel pretty out of my depth trying to deal in Linux. If I do have to do it via command line, is there an easy to follow online tutorial that outlines the procedure? If not, would you mind typing out a brief overview? I'm not a total *****, so hopefully it wouldn't have to be too insanely detailed

Sorry if I'm being difficult,
    I really appreciate the help and advice.

Mark
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast