1.    #1  
    Hi,

I updated to 1.4 via WebOSDoctor over the weekend. Occasionally the phone and calendar app don't open and get stuck on the new splash screen. If i flick it out of the way and try opening it again then it loads fine. Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this?

James
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    same thing happens to me from time to time on different apps
    I have the same problem. In using 1.4 for a few days now I have find that the new OS is very buggy. Hopefully an update well be out shortly to fix these bugs.
    - Skinneejay -
    +1 especially with the phone app. Sometimes I have to close it and reopen it.
    All is good on my end of things.

Try a doctor visit perhaps? Clean OS install is sometimes the best solution.
    +1 the phone card has done this to me a couple times already. Close and reopen is the workaround.
    i think that splash is rather pointless, i had my old 1.3.5.1 next to my 1.4 and clicked on things at the same time like for example internet and the 1.3.5.1 loaded it quicker... i hope they take it out on next update, i'm not a fan of it.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I've had this happen twice, on the phone app of all things. Both times I closed and reopened the phone, and everything was fine. Hasn't happened with anything else, though. Odd.

Regards,
    adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    I've had this problem a handful of times with the phone, browser, and other apps. Closing and restarting worked each time.

Quote Originally Posted by jparnell View Post
    Hi,

I updated to 1.4 via WebOSDoctor over the weekend. Occasionally the phone and calendar app don't open and get stuck on the new splash screen. If i flick it out of the way and try opening it again then it loads fine. Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this?

James
    It's been a minor annoyance, but hasn't made my phone unusable. The first couple of times it was noticeable; now I overlook it. I think it's better than the "click and wait for a few seconds and wonder if the program is actually running" scenario. At least this way I know that the program is opening.