1.    #1  
    i just have one question.....

after reading about the many problems 1.4 update has had on people, ive decided not tot update my phone at the moment..... but im worried that if i don't do it, it will automatically update itself....

can palm do this without me wanting an update? am i worrying for no reason?..please help...
    I understand your hesitation, but the problems they were having were more carrier related if you are talking about the verizon side of it, and the error messages were mostly download error by the user. Other had signifigant problems, but after redownloading it they found that it worked fine. Its lengthly, about a half hour, and it will download in the backround if you dont do it manually within 24 - 36 hours, so i suggest doing it with you monitoring it, as you can see any errors that may come up. To address your question though, it will but it will be faster and less problematic to just have you do it. Also once it installs the benefits are amazing
    Updates get force installed after 2 weeks. There is a way to turn them off.
    Last edited by DeathsArrow; 03/01/2010 at 07:17 AM.
    people often note many problems with updates, but keep in mind only the loudest are heard. The majority of people aren't having any problems with the update, but the complainers are the ones who post. The biggest problem I've noticed is preware. There are a couple simple fixes for this found in the forum. I would even say you could probably just uninstall preware prior to the update and install it after your phone is updated -- just double check that this won't affect the AUPT patching before you do this.
  5.    #5  
    thankyou everyone....most appreciated..
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I updated yesterday but had some issues with wosqi so I doctored my phone for the first time. I'm now running 1.2.1. When I go tap the update icon it starts 'checking for updates', but never comes up with 1.4. I pulled the battery and restarted several times to no avail. Any suggestions?
    Why did you doctor back to 1.2.1? I believe the doctor for 1.4 is out.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I thought I had, but when I press ##786# it shows me at this heinous version. I just pulled the battery again but no updates are found, can I force it?
    Re download the doctor for 1.4 and doctor again. Had the same problem.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    is that why it keeps searching for the update? Because its already in my phone?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    thanks for your help guys, re downloaded the right doctor and 1.4 is on and poppin
    Good to hear