1.    #1  
    Had a Sprint 755p several years ago and have to say that was one of my favorite phones ever, I was sad to see the treo line disappear after being trashed with the Centro.

The Verizon Pre caught my eye & I had to have one, so last night I took a look on craigslist and had one within a couple hours. Love it so far, it's just a little different and will take time to figure it out.

Unknowns so far:

-Settings menu's?? Where??! How to get to? Don't see anything in launcher.
    -Facebook app?
    -Google talk app?
    -Vonage app?

One other weird quirk.. I seem to notice my Pre has shut off a couple times with the battery fully charged. Once when was I slid it closed pretty firmly, the other getting it out of my pocket. Something up or is the button just easy to kill the phone?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    your launcher has multiple pages. the settings are usually on the 3rd page all the way to the right. Also each program (email, messaging, phone, launcher) has their own control panel in the top left corner.

The facebook app is in the app store, but it's pretty basic and you might be happier just using the browser and facebook's excellent mobile page.

There is no Vonage app.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  3.    #3  
    Oh and *** is with the laggyness??? Gotta be a way for them to speed up this thing.. Specs are great!
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside287 View Post
    One other weird quirk.. I seem to notice my Pre has shut off a couple times with the battery fully charged. Once when was I slid it closed pretty firmly, the other getting it out of my pocket. Something up or is the button just easy to kill the phone?
    Maybe this is why you found this on craigslist so close to release?
    The shutting off problem happened to the first batch of Pre, it is because of a battery size inconsistency. People in here were putting little paper spacers to make the battery fit better. Maybe do a search for that for additional details.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside287 View Post
    Oh and *** is with the laggyness??? Gotta be a way for them to speed up this thing.. Specs are great!
    1.4 has sped things up a bit, and made the phone feel more responsive thanks to the splash screen. The big problem is that the phone is basically doing a webpage render for each app, nothing is compiled into machine code like on android, iPhone OS and Palm OS.

The other big hold up is that the OS does not use the GPU yet. I have my hopes that this will happen soon or in WebOS 2.0. My guess is that when the GPU is integrated, the whole OS will be silky smooth.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!