Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In this tread don't just list bugs but the sloppiness PALM have been calling finished.

#1 mirror on the back of the pre
    #2 pre and pixi feel a little cheap
    #3 firmware issues you would never find on and apple or android device
    #4 photoshoped pre plus on there website
    #5 patches needed to fix device
    #6 not to Customizable
    #7 why low mem with games?
    #8 palm ads show phones running so much faster and smoother
    #9..............................................................

To make some things clear I'm not bashing them. i love my pre but that could have fixed some things and I'm sorry for my bad grammar.
    Last edited by dr3wpro; 02/28/2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: bad grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wpro View Post
    In this tread don't just list bugs but the sloppiness PALM have been calling finished.

#1 mirror on the back of the per
    #6 not to Customizable
    Spelling and grammar a little sloppy too, eh?
    you are an *****. Go troll elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    Spelling and grammar a little sloppy too, eh?
    +1 I was going to say the same thing!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #8. Because Apple has not been sued for that same practice...

Go somewhere else man...

#6 not to Customizable
    #1, I guess you're right they could have gone cheaper and used just plastic. Personally I don't care either way
    #2 I'll give you this on the pre, not as much so on the pixi
    #3 Android and Apple have had just as many if not more firmware issues. Especially Android since there is no control over the hardware. In the US right now there are phone running atleast 4 different versions of Android right now, and I'm not even counting the customizations there.
    #4 Name me one major organization that doesn't use Photoshop, or other photo editor for any of it's marketing materials?
    #5 the device works without the patches. The patches don't fix something, they add functionality.
    #6 You are joking about this one right?
    #7 I'll agree with you on that one, but then again not like an iPhone can run a game and do anything else at the same time, so it should be a moot point.
    #8 Ipad ads showed it running Flash which it can't and Apple has no plan ever to. So you're going to get mad at Palm for showing off a Pre that immediately was rebooted and running smooth?
    #9 ..................... ...... ................... ...........!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Years ago I remember studying an illusive subject in school

"ENGLISH"

Not practiced lately I see !!!!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    #1, I guess you're right they could have gone cheaper and used just plastic. Personally I don't care either way
    #2 I'll give you this on the pre, not as much so on the pixi
    #3 Android and Apple have had just as many if not more firmware issues. Especially Android since there is no control over the hardware. In the US right now there are phone running atleast 4 different versions of Android right now, and I'm not even counting the customizations there.
    #4 Name me one major organization that doesn't use Photoshop, or other photo editor for any of it's marketing materials?
    #5 the device works without the patches. The patches don't fix something, they add functionality.
    #6 You are joking about this one right?
    #7 I'll agree with you on that one, but then again not like an iPhone can run a game and do anything else at the same time, so it should be a moot point.
    #8 Ipad ads showed it running Flash which it can't and Apple has no plan ever to. So you're going to get mad at Palm for showing off a Pre that immediately was rebooted and running smooth?
    #9 ..................... ...... ................... ...........!
    you make some very good points. thanks for the positive feedback unlike the other
    Every time Palm puts out new hardware or a software update, the iBoys get scared and come trolling to the site. I wonder if they do that on the Android sites as well.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Every time Palm puts out new hardware or a software update, the iBoys get scared and come trolling to the site. I wonder if they do that on the Android sites as well.
    I'm not trollin u need to realize somethings i say idk might be TRUE. i love palm and my pre but they could have dont better and u know it
  11.    #11  

PS. You're statements are incoherent.
    how so?

#1 mirror on the back of the pre
    #6 not to Customizable

To make some things clear I'm not bashing them. i love my pre but that could have fixed some things and I'm sorry for my bad grammar.
    Bad trollling...

Epic trolling: Gotham City Council meetings go 2.0 - Art of Trolling: Chatroulette and Yahoo! Answers Trolls
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    The mirror was on purpose.

I'm glad it's on there. I use it a lot.

#6 not to Customizable
    No. Mirror was an insanely great addition. This space goes wasted on every other slider. Why not use it.
    Yes. Build quality could be better.
    No. ENGADGET - Epic Android bug interprets your typing as system commands
    No. Everyone does that. Screens are difficult to photograph.
    Not really. For myself and many at PreCentral patching is huge, but about 80% of Pre and Pixi owners have never patched their phones.
    No. Alone, no, not much. But with patches, are you insane? It's the most customizable device ever.
    Huh?
    No. Every device works faster when a camera is pointed at it.

So, only 1 for 8. It's back to the minor leagues for you!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash X View Post
    Years ago I remember studying an illusive subject in school

"ENGLISH"

Not practiced lately I see !!!!!
    Before you correct the grammar of someone else, you should really check your own....

illusive=elusive
    I'm not trollin u need to realize somethings i say idk might be TRUE. i love palm and my pre but they could have dont better and u know it
    Who said I was talkin' about you?
    Ever read the fine print on an iphone commercial? "Sequence speed increased". You don't really think any phone does ANYTHING as fast as they show it on TV, do you?
    I'll bite...but be aware that this has been addressed a lot in these forums

First, Palm has pulled off an incredible turn around. In 2 years, they produced an insanely well put together OS. It was by no means perfect, and release earlier than it should have been. However, the early release was forced because of factors like Android, Apple releasing the 3GS and Palm severely needing to get back into the market.

In my opinion, 1.4 has pretty much started to bring the device out of Beta. I suspect that near June we will see the release of WebOS 2.0 which will be the full fledged, mature version of WebOS. If you look at android and at iPhone OS, it took each of them about a year to become functional. Apple has 2 years of OS design ahead of Palm and Android has roughly 8 months. The fact that Palm is going toe-to-toe against these monster companies should be highly respected and commended.

Now, is Palm winning the fight? No, they made 2 major blunders. The first is they had an absolutely horrible ad campaign. People still don't know much about Palm or WebOS. What people know about are Droid and iPhone. The second problem is the actual hardware on the Pre. It should have been much better, but it wasn't. The phone wasn't as solid as it should have been, but from what I know most of these issues has been addressed in the Pre Plus.

Palm has hopefully learned from their mistakes. Their new ad campaign seems to indicate that they learned that they need to advertise and advertise smartly. June will tell if Palm's new handset is of higher quality like the iPhone, Droid, Nexus One and the slew of HTC phones coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Ever read the fine print on an iphone commercial? "Sequence speed increased". You don't really think any phone does ANYTHING as fast as they show it on TV, do you?
    They also say screen images simulated. Droid and iPhone both do this. Here are some examples.

bottom left at 0:04:

bottom center at 0:26:

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    troll.

bye bye apple ******
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast