1.    #1  
    I tried to send a video via MMS to my gf who has an iphone and I got a message back from Sprint saying the file was too large for the other network to receive.

How many seconds can you send via MMS?
    I'm pretty sure it's limited to 512 kb or 30 sec. Tops
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I believe it's mp4. I tried sending a 14 clip to an ATT phone.. File too large. Maybe it will be different with other pre users
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I sent a clip that was 1:04 minutes long to another Pre phone, both on sprint, via MMS. It took almost 5 minutes to get there but it went through. I have not tried sending one to another phone/carrier yet.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I sent one to my wife (pixi) from my Pre -1:11 minutes long. Like TexMexSol said - took some time but got there fine.

I tried to email it from the video app and said it was limeted to something like 43 seconds. I opened up my email and sent it from there without problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMexSol View Post
    I sent a clip that was 1:04 minutes long to another Pre phone, both on sprint, via MMS. It took almost 5 minutes to get there but it went through. I have not tried sending one to another phone/carrier yet.
    ya worked for me too but how is the quality of the video that you sent?? the original looks good tome but when i send it to my other line i play the video for mms and it look horrible
    Using MMS...I'm pretty sure I sent a 11 second and 30 second videos to a friends verizon tour but I got a 3344 reply text saying the picture/video you sent may not be received. The receiving service provider has a file size limit. I think I tried a 5 second video but I'm not sure if that worked. I think I had some issues sending to a friends htc hero as well. I didn't have any issues sending videos to other Pre users. lol You would have thought Palm/Sprint would have tested this before. What good is video if you can't send it???
  8.    #8  
    Yea it would be nice if you could reduce the resolution so you could send a longer video.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I understand the logic on the MMS file size, but for EMAIL! There should be No limit except file size just like on regular email apps accessed on computer. I'm still trying to send this video that's 4min19sec long and NO LUCK Via mms or email app SUCKS!
    mms sent to my gfs centro at 30 sec went through fine but she couldn't watch it, file to large it said, gmail also have a file sending limit which is so annoying, best bet just youtube it and send the link over via text or email
    email is limited to 10 MB by most providers.
    ATT sucks, here's mms, but you can't use it.

Can we change resolution? and what resolution is the video can anyone confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    email is limited to 10 MB by most providers.
    ATT sucks, here's mms, but you can't use it.

Can we change resolution? and what resolution is the video can anyone confirm?
    It's 640x480
    I sent one that was 36 seconds long to a friend on verizon. Also sent one 11 seconds long. I got a message saying there was a file size limit for them all, but they received all the videos too...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    whats the length of video you can actually record and store on the phone / dl loaded to the pc ?