1.    #1  
    ok so i am a sprint palm pre owner and i have a problem. 2 or 3 weeks ago i broke my pre and my insurance company sent me a new one. now i signed in to my palm profile (after a strew-up with my e-mail) and gotten all of my apps back. i found after a wile when i open my pre the back light for the keyboard was off. after a (full) reboot of the phone nothing but if i (full) reboot it while on the touchstone the light would turn on for like 45 mins. i decided to try brightness unleashed on the phone and when the light was off and u turned on the app....nothing happed. i ignored the issue after that. after putting my patches back on the phone i found the light would never turn on even when i put it on the touchstone. so 3 days ago i remove all my patches and i found that putting the phone on the touchstone while rebooting worked again. i though maybe after 1.4 this we be fixed... thats not the case. i can live with my phone like this but what u do think? did i miss something? i don't remember if this happed before or after i put preware on the phone.
    Last edited by dr3wpro; 02/28/2010 at 10:17 PM.
  2.    #2  
    can someone help me? (sorry for the double post)
    Sounds to me like your issues are hardware based not software based. Get a new phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Sounds to me like your issues are hardware based not software based. Get a new phone.
    i thought so at first but why would my patches alter the light?
    I noticed a similar issue, but only when my battery is below 20%. Is it possible that you don't notice the keypad not lighting up until later when your battery is low?