1.    #1  
    I updated to the latest 1.4 update a few days ago. Last night, for some reason when I open the browser and hit the book marks nothing happens. The same happens when I use the universal search.

What could it be?

Mastervictor
    Quote Originally Posted by mastervictor View Post
    I updated to the latest 1.4 update a few days ago. Last night, for some reason when I open the browser and hit the book marks nothing happens. The same happens when I use the universal search.

What could it be?

Mastervictor
    Probably should use the forum search but if you've got patches, Uninstall the browser multi mod patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mastervictor View Post

What could it be?

Mastervictor
    Did you try phone>tap top left>prefs>update network settings?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by marilynagram View Post
    Did you try phone>tap top left>prefs>update network settings?
    I tried the ...phone>tap top left>prefs>update network settings? and no go. let me try the one above!
    Had the same probem used the doctor 2 times befor mysteriously began working again not if pocket mirror would work again i would be back to where i was
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    if you have the "multimod" browser patch installed, try uninstalling it. this worked for me, i had the same issue.

after updating. i had some minor problems with AUPT and a really laggy pre that constantly crashed in addition to the browser issue. (not a connectivity issue, tweed and preware were both able to access the internet via wifi and evdo)

removing the multimod patch restored the browser to working condition.

to take care of everything else i backed up, full erased, doctored. then repatched, reinstalled homebrew, etc. at this time i tried installing the multimod patch again and it behaved exactly the same way, removing it fixed it.

here's hoping the patch gets fixed in short order D: the ability to download files normally streamed is a favorite of mine. with webos internals terminal app being broken for now too, wget pastelinkhere won't suffice as a work around.
    I had this problem too..

I UNINSTALLED the "Browser Multi-Mod" and it now works great!

the Multi Browser Mod... oviously does NOT work with 1.4 and preware didn't flag it as such!
  8.    #8  
    The issue is that I went to WebOs Quick Install and the MultiMod Patch is unchecked. All I see checked is the Web Browser Ad-Blocker.
    having the same problems. while trouble shooting i noticed "data usage was disabled under the phone settings. Now enabled but that doesnt fix the problem. Browers wont work with wifi either. Funny "well not really" that my internet based apps such as "engadget" still work.

Ok working now. into preware and update all browser related patches to 1.4
    Last edited by kttrsd; 02/28/2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: update
    removing multi worked for me, too
    I can't get rid of the MultiMod patch. I've run EPR which clears the list of patches but the patches are still installed on my phone. Time to go to the Doctor?
    i would say so. Not sure why it would not have worked though. As the others have said I had the same issue and removing mutli-mod patch did the trick. Actually i did the EPR to remove everything and then readded one at a time.