Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    One thing that was impressive with the Pre was the Speed of the Camera Shutter.
    I notice a SIGNIFICANT Lag or slow down in the shutter speed after the WebOs 1.4 update

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    yes i as well have noticed it. i don't know what has caused it thou
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    yes i as well have noticed it. i don't know what has caused it thou
    It was one of the Pres features that was so impressive How there was little to no lag you used to be able to snap multiple pictures with hardly any lag, Everyone I showed it to was Impressed.

Now it lags horribly
    I just tried mine and it is working fast. No problems at all here.
    On a similar note, the Camera app sometimes doesn't even work for me at all. I always have to resort to a restart. No patches to the Camera app itself either.
    I don't think the shutter speed taking the picture has change but the sound of it taking the picture lags now.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    just tried mine out... take a pic every 1-1.5 seconds id say... no lag
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker55 View Post
    I don't think the shutter speed taking the picture has change but the sound of it taking the picture lags now.
    I believe I'm having this problem too...tried it out by taking a couple pics, and moving my phone immediately after pressing the button on the screen...the shutter sounds doesn't come for a couple seconds after, but it takes the pic before i've moved the camera...so it seems slower, but i think it's working just as fast for actually taking the picture
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I think the problem is that the button to snap a picture doesn't come back right away which gives the perception it is taking longer. if you hit where the button should be it seems to snap the picture regardless.
    My issues is that the shutter sound is delayed. The picture/flash takes the picture fairly snappy and then the shutter sound comes shortly after. Gives it the perception that the lag is occurring. I didn't pay enough attention prior to the update to notice if the overall speed is the same or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    I believe I'm having this problem too...tried it out by taking a couple pics, and moving my phone immediately after pressing the button on the screen...the shutter sounds doesn't come for a couple seconds after, but it takes the pic before i've moved the camera...so it seems slower, but i think it's working just as fast for actually taking the picture
    Yea that's what I did before I made my reply. I usually take pictures with slider open by pushing the space bar because I have big hands and it seems to help keep the phone still. It's kinda crazy how things work fine then a update changes them. Oh well I don't think it's a big deal.
    I didn't use the camera feature much but the time has definitely improved....less lag
    The camera app is very buggy with 1.4.
    I am having some camera problems, too.

First, lag. The actual shutter is a *little* slower, but the sound is WAY off. The controls don't return until after the sound, which is also the first time you are able to take your next picture.

Two, there is a whitish/greyish screen that comes up sometimes before I am able to snap a picture, making the camera less useful for quick snaps.

While this is an acceptable trade to make to get video recording, I really, really hope they fix this in future updates.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Agreed. The Camera app does not perform as well as it did before.
    It often loads much slower, and responds slower, shutter sound is
    lagged and it takes longer to get to the next shot. After a couple
    shots in a row the photo roll thumbnail can take a long long time to
    appear.

I've had it start a couple times and just show a gray screen forever.
    Had to restart it a couple times.

Today I tried to shoot a couple videos and on the 2nd one it
    threw an error saying it couldn't record. I tried again and it
    recorded the clip, but when I bring it up, it has no audio.
    I checked it on the computer, and it has no audio track at all.
    Kind of disappointing to see that the new video recorder is
    not much less buggy than Precorder.
  16.    #16  
    I am curious If this has been reported to Palm? If Not how do issues like this get reported & fixed?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I concur, camera is not as good pre 1.4.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    perhaps using the space bar could help with the shutter not reappearing immediately? works for me but as everyone else has noticed, its not as quick as it once was.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Same problem here. I actually timed it last night with a stopwatch and my camera shutter sound is averaging a 9 second delay. The picture itself is taking at the right "time" but the sound is anywhere from 6-11 seconds late. It's actually made the shutter sound from my pocket a few times.
    I tried a hard reset to no avail.
    My camera is working just fine but I do notice a slight drop in shutter speed. I'm not worried about it seeing how I'm not a photographer and it's only a camera phone lol.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast