Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have no idea but could a patch be made with a shorter camera sound or would that lag as well??
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Same problem here. I actually timed it last night with a stopwatch and my camera shutter sound is averaging a 9 second delay. The picture itself is taking at the right "time" but the sound is anywhere from 6-11 seconds late. It's actually made the shutter sound from my pocket a few times.
    I tried a hard reset to no avail.
    6-11 seconds is a lot more than most of us see. I only get about a
    1 second delay in shutter sound.
    How many photos do you have in your DCIM/100PALM dir?
    I think the camera app may slow down the more you have there.

ian
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    I am having camera lag issues as well. I went to the Cleveland Auto show Saturday and was fine with snapping lots of pictures quick. After installing 1.4 on Sunday I'm lucky to get a picture off every 5 to 8 seconds (that's doing the 1 Mississippi count). I then deleted everything off my pre thinking maybe because I have 150+ pictures that's the issue. So after doing a reset on my Pre I am still having camera lag. I went into my local Verizon store and they had not pushed 1.4 to their demo Pre yet and showed them the lag.

The rep said that they didn't have an answer but would "pass the info along" meaning they would do nothing, but then again what could they do? So I came home and called Palm and the lady I spoke with said that Palm has already been aware of this issue and is working on it. SO after speaking with the Palm rep 1. She just said what I wanted to hear to get me off the phone or 2. She is telling the truth and Palm is working on this issue. Either way I hope that Palm is working on a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4pt View Post
    The rep said that they didn't have an answer but would "pass the info along" meaning they would do nothing, but then again what could they do?
    Dont you just love that? It really is their way of saying sorry man you are SOL.
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    Dont you just love that? It really is their way of saying sorry man you are SOL.
    Its whatever because when I was a Rep for ATT I would kinda do the same... I mean if it was something like this I would have prolly done the same thing but if it was a bigger issue I would really pass the info along...
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i had my camera freeze and require a restart also.

what's interesting though is that my camera never makes a shutter sound, even though I don't have any camera patches installed. And it's been like this for a while, even through a few doctorings.

So I don't get any camera lag when snapping photos, even post 1.4
    For those having lag problems, try this. Slide the vibrate / ringer switch to vibrate and try taking multiple pictures. I too was having a 5 - 8 sec lag but once I went to vibrate it works perfectly. One pic / sec. Does this improve anyone else's lag issues?
    Aww I had just started a thread on this very same issue (and I did do a search but this thread has no tags). I'm seeing the same slowness within the shutter speed after 1.4. Before 1.4, it was really fast (especially using the space bar). It now lags.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    6-11 seconds is a lot more than most of us see. I only get about a
    1 second delay in shutter sound.
    How many photos do you have in your DCIM/100PALM dir?
    I think the camera app may slow down the more you have there.

ian
    Actually only 3 right now. I clean out my pictures every day (company phone).
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewj318 View Post
    For those having lag problems, try this. Slide the vibrate / ringer switch to vibrate and try taking multiple pictures. I too was having a 5 - 8 sec lag but once I went to vibrate it works perfectly. One pic / sec. Does this improve anyone else's lag issues?
    I messed around taking pictures with the vibrate switch on and off. It seems to be faster now. There might be a slight lag when the flash is on. Thanks
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Same here. After 1.4 update my camera lag is soooooo bad. Never had an issue before, pressing the shutter icon took the picture and made the sound simultaneously. Now I press the shutter icon, the controls disappear and then ................ 5 or so seconds later I get the "click" sound. The pic is taken when I press the button, but the camera has some serious sound effect lag.

I also get the annoying greyed-out screen in the camera app occasionally, which makes spontaneous picture-taking impossible.

All of this happened immediately after the 1.4 update and never happened before the update.
    Yeah I have to agree with you guys that the camera lag has been apparent. I'm going to install the 600MHz patch soon and see how it impacts the camera speed (in addition to everything else).
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    yea, my camera lags so much now!!! booo to 1.4! =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    It was one of the Pres features that was so impressive How there was little to no lag you used to be able to snap multiple pictures with hardly any lag, Everyone I showed it to was Impressed.

Now it lags horribly
    +1
    WebOS still makes sense.
    The lag is frustrating but for me the real nightmare is the gray screen. Once I get that, all overlay dies on my phone. No youtube, camera, video camera, videos, I get gray screens on all of them. I have to reboot, then it works for some period of time and then dies again, usually within the same day.

As they say, misery loves company. I'm glad at least that its not just my device.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.

Thanks for the info. Should we share our specific cases with Palm to possibly help with troubleshooting or do they already know the root cause? It sounds like there are at least 2 unique problems.
  18. LWI
    Hi guys...
    My camera just quit altogether yesterday.... I had taken a snapshot successfully in the morning. Later in the day, when I wanted to use the video recorder, I had a very funny behavior. The app came up and where you normally see the image to be taken (the viewer) there was only straight lines, multicolored. I tried restart, shutdown and battery remove/re-insert. Nothing. At this moment it is still not working. I'm afraid it might be a physical failure of the image sensor ! I tried a screen capture of this behaviour, but the result shows only the camera control buttons and total black backgroung. Anyone seen this before ? I would be surprised if it is linked to the 1.4 update (which I did about 10 days ago) because I took many picture and videos since then.

Any suggestions before I call the provider ?

LWI
    my camera also is very slow after the 1.4 upgrade..
    same here...cam is slow
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast