Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After upgrading to 1.4, VERY disappointed to see something has broken somewhere, and I am limited to 135 pics. Very sad since it starts overwriting the current ones (no warning), and pics today were taken over ones from yesterday. Just when I go out thinking "oh, I have my phone so I don't need to bring my regular camera..."

Anyone else see the same issue?
    For me, I had about 645 photos, upgraded to 1.4, then i was wondering why i couldn't find the new videos and photos.

New videos go in your DCIM folder, just like images, and are named the exact same way except for the extension. On top of that, it rolled back the numbering system by like 100 so i am now overwriting my photos?! ***!!

Luckily i back up all my photos daily and stuff, but jeez!

Gonna do some more testing to figure out exactly what is happening and if there is a way to reset the counter to the proper spot. For now, I recommend everyone....BACKUP YOUR MEDIA ALL OF IT, EVERY PHOTO, VIDEO AND AUDIO FILE AS WELL. AND VERIFY YOUR STUFF IS SAVING CORRECTLY BEFORE GOING WILD.
    Is this just in the main DCIM folder? I keep folders within DCIM for diff things like Family, Personal, etc and have them within their own folders. I regularly remove the pics from the main folder, but i dont want it overwritting pics in the other folders somehow if there is a main pic limit.
    I'm losing photos as well. My solution: take all photos off my phone so none are erased.

I don't take kindly to having my files erased. This is bad.

While I've rescued my old photos from danger, won't it just happen again to the new photos I take?

Palm needs to issue a fix. NOW.
    thanks, thats helpful info.
    speaking of backing up, please tell me if I've got this right.

When I go to the "Backup" icon on my start up page, if I hit back up, its gonna make sure all media, pictures, songs and video are all available to me through usb.

When I look it says that mine is scheduled to back up once daily.

Am I correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    thanks, thats helpful info.
    speaking of backing up, please tell me if I've got this right.

When I go to the "Backup" icon on my start up page, if I hit back up, its gonna make sure all media, pictures, songs and video are all available to me through usb.

When I look it says that mine is scheduled to back up once daily.

Am I correct?
    No, you want to plug in your Pre/Pixi to your computer via USB. On phone selecte USB MODE and now your phone will load as a USB drive. YOu will need to manually manage your personal media.

The backup solution does not backup photos/videos/music etc. Only your contacts, numbers, calendar, accounts, profile settings, etc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Is this just in the main DCIM folder? I keep folders within DCIM for diff things like Family, Personal, etc and have them within their own folders. I regularly remove the pics from the main folder, but i dont want it overwritting pics in the other folders somehow if there is a main pic limit.
    I think your method is fine. Everything outside the DCIM folder should be untouched by the system, but then again, if it needs to recreat the "100palm" folder, it may destroy all that goodness. I still recommend just backing up the whole folder to a computer until it gets resolved.
    Why don't you just install the Jason's patch (Image filename improvement). This solves the issue of the overwriting of image naming by assigning them Pre_YY_MM_dd_time.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Luckily I usually dont take any important pictures wit my pre, i usually just email or upload anything that I know im gonna need. But this bug could be very serious to people and needs to be fixed.

Even though I like 1.4, there are a lot of little bugs that are ruining the experience.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I also found another bug that the camera causes on the phone. If the camera app crashes it kills alerts and ringtones on the phone. The only way to get those sounds to come back is to do a full restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    I also found another bug that the camera causes on the phone. If the camera app crashes it kills alerts and ringtones on the phone. The only way to get those sounds to come back is to do a full restart.
    I've not seen this yet... I'll keep an eye on my camera app so that if it crashes, I'll check the alerts & ringtones.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    This new "feature" kind of sux. Hopefully it'll get fixed (btw a patch fix would work for me)...
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I thought this would be kind of a big deal. More people seem interested In the volume bug.

Interesting enough, my wife, who also has a Pre, was complaining of lost pics last night. Question is, are they relocated, or, are the lost?
    Someone should start a post on what Palm has taken away with 1.4. Why limit the number of photos? Seems like a pointless limitation, if someone wants 500+ photos then so be it.
    Wish we could edit the file names on the device! That would be a useful tool!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
    Wish we could edit the file names on the device! That would be a useful tool!
    Internalz 1.0 is coming soon

In the meantime I have a patch that changes the file output names to a unique timestamp: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...filenames.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    For the people who are having the problems have you tried downloading the patch that renames the photo file? I think its called patch (Image filename improvement).

:::: Jason beat me too it.:::::
    - Skinneejay -
    I've previously noted this bug to Palm.

The correct behavior for numbering the images (similar to what digital cameras do) is to increment the counter until it hits 999, regardless if pictures are moved off of the phone. If the phone has more than 999 images, then a second 101palm should be created and the counter increment from 000 again there.

Unfortunately, with the current way the camera numbers things, the possibility of things being overwritten are high so Jason's patches are a good idea to have on your phone if you are concerned about this till a more permanent fix shows up.

Jason, do you have any idea when these patches will show up in Preware? Thx.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    For the people who are having the problems have you tried downloading the patch that renames the photo file? I think its called patch (Image filename improvement).

:::: Jason beat me too it.:::::
    Thanks for posting this. As awesome as webosqi is, I sometime neglect to look there because of preware.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast