Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstero View Post
    He he. I can only now respond to this. I did the 1.4 update (o2, UK) the night before my wedding. We had a photographer for all the shots - he did an amazing job. But there were a few shots I took with my Pre that were pretty much only shots I could take - personal ones of my new wife, that meant a hell of a lot to me. Took a few more pics during our first day as husband and wife and noticed the pics from the day before were gone. To say I was gutted is an understatement: these were once in a lifetime pics.

I've done some file recovery before - more due to my foolishness than anyone else's - so i've just spent maybe 7/8 hours trying to recover the lost pics. I'd always thought that any overwritten file on FAT32 would be a gonner. But I did manage to recover them (I'm not spamming, but photorecovery was the one that did it) and am now most relieved. But bl*&*y h(*l, that is a MAJOR bug.

There's a minimum you expect from a device you pay a lot of money for: data retention under normal use is one of those expectations. I love my Pre, but for any device to break its unwritten contract with its owner in that way is a tough one to take. Palm: love what you're doing with WebOS. But that sort of malfunction could easily undo all your amazing work. You're doing an awesome job: just be careful, or there'll be *%$ústorm on the blog-machine over this type of thing.
    Just had this happen to me this past weekend. My pictures were not as significant as yours, but still very important to me. I've already upgraded to 1.4.1.1, but I am hoping I can recover the overwritten pictures. I've tried "PC Inspector File Recovery" to great success in recovering deleted pictures before, but with no luck on my overwritten Pre pictures.

Could you direct me to the piece of software that you used? When I google "photo recovery", I get tons of different software results thanks to the spam of the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    I'm not sure if everyone noticed this post, but it appears palm is monitoring for issues via precentral. Thank you and welcome.

I recommend if you haven't checked look at the issues for 1.4.1 thread as well. Also I'd like to havea thread which palm constantly monitors for suggestions issues concerns ect. One of my biggest one is if any new hardware will be out. I only ask because my device is famaged die to the crack on battery door issue and I'm concerned about the lifespan of the phonr due to this. I believe it's the plastic which is the issue. Also others are concerned about speed issues which I see improvements to every update, but still not ebough to compete with the competition. Sprint nor palm don't seem to want to return the phone and I'm not going to spend a bunch of money on a phone I already own, it's pointless.

anyway I believe the photo issue was resolved by 1.4.1.1
    Anyone have any suggestions?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123