Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Unforunetly after some troubles with some patch that would not be deleted or fixed I had to do the webOS doctor on my Pre. Everything went well and after all I installed the webos 1.4 update. So Iget the latest version of webos quick install 3.02 and try to get preware and the package manager service on my Pre. Everything went well with no errors. Obviously I downladed and installed them both at the same time and restarted the phone and everything. Now all I get when I try to open Preware from my Pre is "The package manager service is not running. DId you remeber to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launchig Preware until you have a stable network connection available."

I tried all of this and I get the same error. Please help
    im having the same problem... no one seems to be able to fix this!
    I was having the same problems on saturday, but today it was working fine. I didn't touch anything. Sorry, I know that probably wasn't any help.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    uninstall then reinstall preware
    worked for me
    themes r not working on preware I tried installing a theme but its not showing but preware said its installed can anyone help
    i tried uninstalling and reinstallin preware and my phone froze on me..and after every reboot it would say memory critical throw away cards..i finally had to rub webos doctor and reset phone..i have updated to 1.4 but i dont kno if i should reinstall preware...any thoughts?
    Hate to say it, try the Doc.
    A funny thing happened during a WebOS Doctor fix on my Pre that wouldn't install any new apps. My Pre and the WebOS screen screen froze on 2% and minutes later after trying to control-alt-delete to end task, my Pre rebooted and I could install apps again!

The funny thing is though, it didn't wipe my Pre clean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    uninstall then reinstall preware
    worked for me
    This was the panacea.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    i tried this yesterday (uninstalling and reinstalinng and still....nothing. nothing. works. remember, this is all after when i already ran the webos doctor on my pre.
    i had the same problem..... i uninstall the preware from the launcher( rebooted) install the preware again and it worked fine
    Well, sorry to say this but...I had a problem opening Preware right after the update, but I selected the "update feeds" option and it worked beautifully!

However, now I can't seem to install any new patches from Preware. All my old patches reinstalled just fine, but every time I try to install a new patch from the list I get an error message that says "check your IPKG (or w/e) logs".

Anyone else had this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Well, sorry to say this but...I had a problem opening Preware right after the update, but I selected the "update feeds" option and it worked beautifully!

However, now I can't seem to install any new patches from Preware. All my old patches reinstalled just fine, but every time I try to install a new patch from the list I get an error message that says "check your IPKG (or w/e) logs".

Anyone else had this issue?
    check for an update to the package manager. that worked for me.
    The latest version of Preware worked fine for a day after upgrading to 1.4, now it won't load at all and am receiving a "memory critical -throw away cards" error when I first start it and the Pre ceases to function at all - needing to remove the battery to reset. Removing Preware via Webos Quickinstall, and well, not loading it back up until some of these issues are fixed.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    webos doctor 1.4, best thing i ever did with this phone...
    It has been inconsistent for me. Preware seemingly has worked fine for me on my Sprint pre with patches and my wife's Pre Plus with no patches, but a friends sprint pre has been having the Memory critical error since the update. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, but still no luck. She did have some patches and I'm not clear that she updated to the AUPT version prior to the update. I'm not anxious to doctor her phone, so I may wait to see if any other solutions come up.
    I downloaded the webs OS doctor, but it just shows the files, there's no installer. Please help!
    i had the same problem up in-tell i uninstall preware and package manager service, rebooted my phone than with Webos Quickinstal i reinstalled preware and PMS again rebooted and it works again. after preware was fully loaded it showed an update for package manager service, and i updated it.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDBaby View Post
    Unforunetly after some troubles with some patch that would not be deleted or fixed I had to do the webOS doctor on my Pre. Everything went well and after all I installed the webos 1.4 update. So Iget the latest version of webos quick install 3.02 and try to get preware and the package manager service on my Pre. Everything went well with no errors. Obviously I downladed and installed them both at the same time and restarted the phone and everything. Now all I get when I try to open Preware from my Pre is "The package manager service is not running. DId you remeber to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launchig Preware until you have a stable network connection available."

I tried all of this and I get the same error. Please help
    You stated that you installed both at the same time. It has been my experience that you should install Package Manger first and then reboot before you install Preware.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Dont install the multi patch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast