1.    #1  
    I just got a Palm and I donít know a lot about technology, but my little brotherís friend assured me itís easy. (He knows a lot) I got the Joker theme on my Palm and then the patch to change the notification tone. I wanted to reset the tone because I was getting irritated with how loud it was when I plugged my phone in to charge. So without hesitation I did a hard reset (I know it was stupid) but now my phone is half Joker theme and half Palm theme. I have tried to go on Preware and put a new theme in and uninstall it and it goes back to the half and half. I just want to get my plain old regular boring Pre back! Please somebody tell me Iím not screwed?
    Quote Originally Posted by cburdett4 View Post
    I just got a Palm and I donít know a lot about technology, but my little brotherís friend assured me itís easy. (He knows a lot) I got the Joker theme on my Palm and then the patch to change the notification tone. I wanted to reset the tone because I was getting irritated with how loud it was when I plugged my phone in to charge. So without hesitation I did a hard reset (I know it was stupid) but now my phone is half Joker theme and half Palm theme. I have tried to go on Preware and put a new theme in and uninstall it and it goes back to the half and half. I just want to get my plain old regular boring Pre back! Please somebody tell me Iím not screwed?
    There is more than one choice for a "hard reset". If you did a "complete" hard reset, it should return everything to factory fresh. You should do this from the "Device Info" application on the third application tab. At the bottom of the application is a button called "reset options" and you should choose "erase apps & data".

You will know you did it correctly when it asks you if you want the phone to use english or spanish, just like in the store...
  3.    #3  
    I did that one and it was the half and half again.
    I did that one and it was the half and half again.
    Well, I purposely avoided all the hacks and such for fear of screwing things up.

Here is something I found elsewhere on Precentral. I can't post links yet, so here is the text that you can search for regarding WebOSDoctor:

""WebOSDoctor to recover/wipe the device """

If WebOSDoctor doesn't work, someone much smarter than me will have to offer some advice. But, it seems that WebOSDoctor should help because it can remove hacks and patches...
    I am confused,and I must be reading wrong,,but to reset a tone,why a hard reset? I am not being a smartazz believe me,just trying to understand what happen so I never make same mistake,,also would like to try and help.
    webos doc 1.4 is out,,thats one you need.
    did you do uninstall ol theme before you tried a new?
    ...I donít know a lot about technology, but...
    Wow...so many bad stories begin with those words. For someone that "doesn't know a lot about technology" you have been much more adventurous than I am, and I am usually out on the bleeding edge. As I read up on how to install patches and hacks, I didn't have the nerve to screw up my most important business tool by trying that stuff.

I hope you will post your results from WebOSDoctor efforts, so we can learn from your adventure. I wasn't planning to install anything risky until after I have Flash successfully running - and that isn't expected for several months.

I have done several hard resets because of stupid things I have done, and that always solved my problem. However, I didn't have any patches. I suspect your situation is why they recommend uninstalling patches and hacks before upgrading?

Let us know how this turns out for you, and what finally works.
    have 40 patches and not any issues installing 1.4. You no longer need to remove them if they are up to date. You must remove the theme.
    if you tried to install a new theme without takeing old out,,wont work. If you tried doing a update with a theme installed,,not good. Hope any of this helps