Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    What the heck did they do to the vibration length on SMS. It's too short!
    Wow, didn't realize this... It is REALLY bad now. As if the vibration wasn't bad enough. Guess I'll hop on Preware for the fix...
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    If you have Preware there is a patch that you can increase the vibrate for both sms and email independent of each other from 1,1.5,2 sec intervals
    prewar aint working for me lol
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    the 2 second patch works great.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm guessing that was changed to conserve battery.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    maybe the new two-blink led notification cut the vibration in half. patch works great for increasing vibration intervals
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    The vibration was very short already! I have not yet updated to 1.4, but the 2 second patch along with the 2 minute notification has helped. Anyone know if a longer patch could be made?
    ME too!!! was better how it was in the beginning
    Yeah it is rather short now. I really liked Palm officially adding the led notifications but looks like it was a give and take.
    Yeah, that patch is necessary.

...and every patch that is made my Jason R. Lol.
    Thank you! How the vibration under 1.4 can even be considered a notification is beyond me. I guess I will finally have to learn how to install patches \
    The patch stutters the vibration though which sucks.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    still feels the same for me....
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    This exact issue is being discussed on the official Palm forum (which Palm employees actually read and respond to). If you've got the chance, stop by and let your opinion be heard.
    Installed the 1 second patch, has pros and cons.

Pro, longer text notifcation

cons, Vibrates regardless of setting, I dont want it to vibrate on mute, it wakes me up at night, and it has a stuttered vibration.

Anyone have a fix for the vibrating on any setting? Really need that fixed until palm fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Installed the 1 second patch, has pros and cons.

Pro, longer text notifcation

cons, Vibrates regardless of setting, I dont want it to vibrate on mute, it wakes me up at night, and it has a stuttered vibration.

Anyone have a fix for the vibrating on any setting? Really need that fixed until palm fix the problem.
    will also cause people on the other line to "hear" the vibration everytime you receive a new text message while talking on the phone. If you can deal with that, then it's a good patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    will also cause people on the other line to "hear" the vibration everytime you receive a new text message while talking on the phone. If you can deal with that, then it's a good patch.
    that i can deal with..being woken up not so much, emailed the dev of the patch hopefully he fixes it soon
    dont care about the vibrations, i got the led indication to show me i got a message. install the patch to solve your problem, as for those who like it (me) ill keep it as is.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    A Palm tech on their official forum suggested we all tell them to go back to the old vibration distinction system in this form. I did it - hope you will too!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    This is the dumbest thing palm could do. The patch does fix this but the phone vibrates when you are on a call which is extremely annoying and the person on the other end can hear it. People have another reason to make fun of my phone. Palm is so stupid sometimes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast