1.    #1  
    I know this might be an old post but how do delete yahoo contacts from your contacts list ?...please help
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Same way you remove *any* profile for any function.
    Bring up Contacts App
    Preferences & Accounts
    Click on Yahoo Profile then Remove button

ian
  3.    #3  
    yahoo doesnt show under preferences on contacts..it shows under messenging
    Quote Originally Posted by mrphil1914 View Post
    yahoo doesnt show under preferences on contacts..it shows under messenging
    Go to messenging and do the same as he stated above...preferences & accounts, then tap yahoo and delete.

This can be done under contacts, messenging, calendar or email
  5.    #5  
    I'm trying to delete a contact from my list that I have on yahoo..I don't want to delete the whole messenger
    Quote Originally Posted by mrphil1914 View Post
    I'm trying to delete a contact from my list that I have on yahoo..I don't want to delete the whole messenger
    If I understand you correctly, I think to delete a specific IM messenger contact, you need to do this from your desk top in yahoo
    Last edited by RoverNole; 02/28/2010 at 08:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Correct. Yahoo's Messenger specific contacts on the Pre are pull only.
    You can manage them from a desktop Yahoo Messenger client, or
    by logging into Yahoo account online.

There is a real Yahoo Contacts sync profile as well (which is what I
    assumed you were asking about), but you don't want it.
    It was a proven source of high battery drain back in what.. 1.3.1 I think.

ian
    The problem is that the Yahoo! contact information in Messenger is independent from that in Contacts. When you add a Messenger account, a Contacts profile is created in addition to a Messaging profile. Changes made to a contact in Yahoo! is updated on the Contacts profile yet not to the Messaging profile, so any contact deleted from the desktop remains on the Messaging profile. To make matters more complicated, contacts can not be manually delete from within the phone itself, as WebOS prevents this action, stating that, "Yahoo IM profiles can not be deleted." So the only alternative to leaving these entries in your phone is, in fact, to delete the entire account and then re-add the account with the up-to-date information. The down side is that to do so causes all messages under those profiles to be deleted from the phone, even if they are linked to another profile. Also, if a Yahoo! contact is added while you are signed in on the phone, it is saved under the Yahoo! ID, which can't be altered without removing and adding the account again after changing it. This is definitely an issue that has been a point of real inconvenience and frustration as contact information is constantly updated and changed and deleted. As of this time, there does not appear to be a workaround, although I hope that I am mistaken.